1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem running 2 programs

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Solaris17, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Xfire and AIM idk whats wrong with them but they wont start i click on them and it think sofr a sec and then it stops. i open task manager to check for the app but it wont even show...i reinstalled them both and they work only to not work during the next reboot WTF? so i reinstall again and xfire wont work at all and aim will now they both wont work again neither will start and i dont know what to do...none of my spy ware/firewall/anti virus stuff says its blocking something and non of their recordws show them being blocked i did a registry clean and everything after i uninstalled them both and after i reinstalll they still wont start i dont get it guys.

2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The bigest problem is that if you have AIM then you also have AOL. That means 1/3 of your cpu cycles are being reserved by AOL. The best thing to do is get rid of AIM/AOL and anything associated with it. AOL is the biggest CPU cycle stealing HOG virus type program. IMHO it just isn't worth it, there are other better IM's and/or VOIP's out there. Teamspeak, SKYPE, ICQ,QQ,QQ2 even Yahoo is better.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received: