1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem when installing the driver the monitor just shuts down

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Niander, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Niander New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi i have a graphics card problem when installing the driver the monitor just shuts down
    geforce 7800 gsoc
    jetway s755max motherboard ...now when i first got this card it worked great ....i was on a dodgy pre service pack copy of xp....then i got a genuine copy of xp and ever scince it will not work ,as the monitor shits down when installing drivers ...doin my head in as its a great card [agp btw]
    the card is ok it instaled ok on my m8t s gigabite motherboard no probs.

could it possibly be because of the different operating system affecting the motherboard somehow?

2. Niander New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone any ideas?

3. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think its connected with some older lcd panels which i assume u are using.. windows goes back to some strange refresh rates and resolutions when it loads drivers and such and some panels cant run them..

i might be wrong in your case but it happens..

trog

4. Niander New Member

Thanks Received:
    no my m8 has same monitor iiyama pro 450 and it runs no probs
    is there be any difference in operating systems pre service pack 2 and regular xp?

5. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not to my knowledge.. sp2 was mostly about security.. but anything is possible in the mysterious world of the windows PC.. which in essence is just a box of bits with a million and one variations on a theme....

trog

6. Fleekar

Fleekar

Thanks Received:
    My friend had a similar issue with an 8600gt. He was using my monitor and before installing drivers set it to a resolution that it could not display. My 17'' lcd panel can run up to 1280 by 1024, but since drivers werent installed, it allowed us to choose the 1600 by 1200 or something. After selecting that, the monitor would display for 3-5 seconds then go blank. So what I did was turn it off and on, giving me these 5 second intervals to get back to the display settings. Hopefully this is ur issue so you can just repeat the on/off thing and choose a smaller resolution before installing the driver

7. Niander New Member

Thanks Received:
    What reasons would make the monitor shut down as soon as video driver installed...or during?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008