1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with ASRock x58 extreme and G.Skill memory

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by steveintexas07, Apr 3, 2010.

1. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No I wouldn't. The Bios sucks for this board and is nothing compared to the other boards I listed as far as overclocking~
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Instant Thunder

Instant Thunder New Member

Thanks Received:
    ...:wtf:...The bios for the ASRock board was logical, simple and straight forward to use...It allows the same minuscule voltage increments while using whatever base clock, multiplier and ratios you want. Remember...ASRock is owned by ASUS...so this board's BIOS was probably designed by ASUS engineering...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cheap-x58-motherboard,2368-17.html
  3. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just my opinion there Instant Thunder. The bios for the ASRock X58 is not the same as my ASUS X58 Rampage II Gene (not even close in how it is layed out). The big difficulty I have with the ASRock bios is that when I select an area and a seperate box comes up to make a choice using the down arrow; it is very difficult to see which one is highlighted.
    Again just my opinion....
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. TeXBill

TeXBill

Thanks Received:
    Completely agree the bios suxs for this Asrock board, I have changed mine out for a Gigabyte UD7 and going to sell the asrock board.l I've had way to many headaches with this board. The board still works great just to many hassels with OC and other small problems that should not be happening.