• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with cat control panel

bigmalh

hi this is my first post i have flashed my 9550 with a clocked version of its own bios 450/210
and it runs fine but ati cat 5.4 and 5.3 control panel wont install if i flash it back to orig bios it installs no problem i used rabit to save the modded bios i understood this would only change the clocks but there must be some check that ati has in the install process has anyone else had this happen at the moment i have to use soft mod drivers any idea's

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
So are you saying that you went back to your orginal bios, but ati ccc wont work? But you do have drivers. Post back.

-Dan

bigmalh

hi dan sorry if i didnt explain it properly i can use the original bios and ati cat all installs ok but when i use the modified bios (same one resaved after changing clocks in rabit) when i reboot it says no drivers and cat control panel is not there so i have to install the softmod drivers or re flash the original bios back in .whilst it is no problem to use softmod i thought maybe if there was a hack to remove the check (if indeed thats what the problem is ) then so much the better

thanx again bigmalh

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
So basicly you wont to overclock your video card. So you used a modded bios to do that. But with the modded bios your driver aren't there and ccc doesn't work. But it does work with the orginal bios.

To get those clocks that you are after, just go back to default bios and use Atitool to overclock your card. You can set Atitool to load the oc profile on your video card on the start of windows or when a 3d application is present.

Hope it helps-Dan :D

bigmalh

hi again i thought that cat drivers have a checkthat resets clocked cards back to default levels if the 9550 bios is locked ie 4153 instead of 4152 in bios id
mal

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Hi again...yes you are right there is a clock lock on the 9550 cards. But Atitool can has feture that can disable the clock lock. If you go to settings and miscellaneous, check the box that says remove 9000/9200/9550/9600 clock lock. Then do your overclocking and save the profile as "OC". Then go settings/startup and check the 3 boxes that are there. Open the first menu and select "OC". Then the second and put "start menu (all users)". You should have all boxes selected and when you start windows it will automaticly load the overclocking settings. or you can set it up to only overclock when you play a game or anything to do with 3D. Just go to settings/3D dectection and put your settings in. Check "3D-Detection" and pull the menu of load profile and select "OC". And under that pull the other load profile down and put "default". Ask if you need anymore help.

-Dan :D