• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util

CrazyShadowDami

the problem is that i checked the adm driver autodetect,and i saw this new update.i succesfully downloaded and installed this update (atleast i think).anyway,just to make shure,i re-opened the driver aoutodetect and it said that i have mobility readon 4xxxx series,and that
catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util hasnt yet been installed...althrough im pretty shure that i did install it....also when i was in catalyst installer,it didnt really say what i was installing,but i only knew that i installed something.i went to costum install,and i got to the part where you check the boxes about what you wish to install.the descr. for each "box" said that it has been installed and fully updated....sorry for long post.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
First of all....Proper punctuation and spacing/paragraphing will get you very far on this forum as not everyone likes to or wants to codebreak

secondly go to your task manager - rightclick where VGA is and Manually update drivers and see if that helps

System Name Firebird
Processor Intel i7 2600K @5.0'ish 24/7 stock core Voltage {5.2 w/102 bCLK}
Motherboard Intel Extreme DZ68BC SkullTrail Z68 Cougerpoint, Excellent MCH !
Cooling Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B[skt478] Modded to 1155 Scythe SH12 fan
Memory Samsung 32nm 16Gb 4x4 (@19xxmhz} low profile[ better than 2133 banwidth]
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aurosus 1080Ti
Storage Intel 512 SSD,Samsung 9701Tb, Toshiba 3Tbx2,Hitachi 320,1TBx2,'Cuda 400 7200.10, WD1TBUSB,to SATA
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440 27" WQHD, Samsung 226W, Vizio M60C3 4K 60",Vizio XVT3D554SV
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Intel 10ch[9+1] HD Audio X540> Pioneer VSX39TX[copper chasis,Rosewood sides 5x6LCD remote
Power Supply Seasonic X750 @ 24/7
Mouse Logictech G300s
Keyboard Saitek Cyborg v7
Software Windows 7 ROG E3 X64 by Neuropass/tweakscene
Benchmark Scores 4642@665/1600 220/GAT F1 4544 220/667strap 2.5/3/2/6 Bliss 650/1500 6490 Q6700 Bliss 690/1500
You know he meant to say "Device" Manager
Welcome to TPU :toast:
Please also fill in your system specs from the User Control Panel

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
First of all....Proper punctuation and spacing/paragraphing will get you very far on this forum as not everyone likes to or wants to codebreak

secondly go to your task manager - rightclick where VGA is and Manually update drivers and see if that helps

Your punctuation isn't proper either. Besides, English isn't everyone's native language. Give people more of a break.:)

CrazyShadowDami

thx guys for all the support. i am Crotian so i will try my best with the language. anyway, thx Revin, i was really confused when i was supposed to search that stuff on the task manager, becouse i could not find it anywhere.ill try your suggestion :)

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Your punctuation isn't proper either. Besides, English isn't everyone's native language. Give people more of a break.:)

Its not proper, but its not as bad as some other peoples.

atleastidonttypemypostslikethis-or,like,this

like a walloftext so to speak.

My punction might not be 100% but then how much effort does it take to understand my posts then something like the OPs which fair enough isnt the WORST case we've seen on TPU.

(no offense to the OP) English might not be everyones first language but it helps if they say

"sorry for my bad english - I am Croatian" - they could have spelt it in engrish for all i care. at least they made it clear.

Im just saying what comes into my head first. and i gotta read it to understand it, and if i cant read it then i cant understand it and if i cant understand it then i cant help the OP and if i cant help the OP then I might as well leave TPU as it has never been my intention to leech off the community.

CrazyShadowDami

Its not proper, but its not as bad as some other peoples.

atleastidonttypemypostslikethis-or,like,this

like a walloftext so to speak.

My punction might not be 100% but then how much effort does it take to understand my posts then something like the OPs which fair enough isnt the WORST case we've seen on TPU.

(no offense to the OP) English might not be everyones first language but it helps if they say

"sorry for my bad english - I am Croatian" - they could have spelt it in engrish for all i care. at least they made it clear.

Im just saying what comes into my head first. and i gotta read it to understand it, and if i cant read it then i cant understand it and if i cant understand it then i cant help the OP and if i cant help the OP then I might as well leave TPU as it has never been my intention to leech off the community.

well yeah i noticed that i spelt "Croatian" wrong....

and i know that i have to practice on putting space after ,/./!/?

but i didnt see any example of me making "walloftext"

KenW

the problem is that i checked the adm driver autodetect,and i saw this new update.i succesfully downloaded and installed this update (atleast i think).anyway,just to make shure,i re-opened the driver aoutodetect and it said that i have mobility readon 4xxxx series,and that
catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util hasnt yet been installed...althrough im pretty shure that i did install it....also when i was in catalyst installer,it didnt really say what i was installing,but i only knew that i installed something.i went to costum install,and i got to the part where you check the boxes about what you wish to install.the descr. for each "box" said that it has been installed and fully updated....sorry for long post.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

For Radeon mobility driver update is best to download from the manufacture's website. Auto update never worked if the driver requirement is from manufacturer.

This is the driver for Mobility 4xxx series from AMD http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

It says;

The following notebooks are not compatible with this tool:
Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics
Toshiba® notebooks
Sony® VAIO® notebooks
Panasonic® notebooks

There's no other choice but to download it from the notebook support website :)