1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with gpu driver

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ste2425, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    it started with bioshock. It kept crashing, on the loading screen, i patched it and still it did it. So i thought id reinstall my drivers. Un installed ma gpu drivers got the latest of the website. Re-installed and now i get a message that their is not ati driver. Ive tried like 5 times now. Trying the full package and just the driver but still this happend. The driver version is 10.1. Is there a nown issue with it or just me? How do i get hold of older versions?
    thanks

2. Indra EMC

Indra EMC

Thanks Received:
    This is CLASSIC PROBLEM.

for maximize your driver functionality, you must:

1. Uninstall every other GPU driver except your ATI / NVIDIA drivers that you using now (if others GPU drivers are exist)
    2. After Installing your driver, make sure 3D setting always set to "High Performance" mode, no AA, no AF, VSync are OFF, and try to play your games, if didn't crash, now try to increase quality in your driver (ATI or NVIDIA control Center) until you get your best configuration as possible.

For Bioshock problem: why not try to use compability mode to XP, run as administrator (in VIsta or 7) even try to force 640x480 resolution. if the game did not crash, it can be your windows compability issues.

3. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    i did uninstall all drivers but it wont re-install the new drivers so ccc wont load up allowing me to change any settings

4. Indra EMC

Indra EMC

Thanks Received:
    if that's your problem, try to install ATI CATALYST 10.1 in SAFE MODE, if that's not working too, try to update your direct X (after that install your drivers) it that's not working too :eek: ?

just Format your C: and Fresh Install your Operating System, that's the last option.

5. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    ok will do im at uni at the mo so ill do it when i get home i hope i dnt need a re format