1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with sound!cant install driver

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by unlucky, Nov 4, 2006.

1. unlucky New Member

Thanks Received:
    So here is the problem .
    I am trying to install my sound drivers at my pc and i got a message
    that says: The audio drives files do not support your computer hardware , If you unistalled audio software without restarting your PC , restart now , then run this setup again.

So after i get this message i restart my pc and try to install it but i get the same message again.same all the time .nothing actually happends :( .btw my soundcard is on board and my mobo is an Asus P5VD2-MX .So i was wondering guys if anyone has a solution about this or even give me a link with new drivers that i can actually install.Also something else.I ve found someone else with the same problem but he told me to install windows XP service pack 1 . and here comes another problem ,if i install windows xp service pack 1 will my widnows got locked just coz i didnt install them from the original cd and i cracked them?
    and i would really care about the drivers and such but i dont have sound right now :(
  2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The only think I can think is that you downloaded the wrong drivers.

Here is a link to them if they aren't the version you have.

It is definitely possible that not having service pack 2 could be causing the problem, but nobody here can help you with your questions about your illegitimate copy of Windows. Sorry.
  3. unlucky New Member

Thanks Received:
    My friend :( i didnt download the drivers . the pc i bought had them , i mean it is the cD that contains mobo's drivers and such . :( i am deeply sad :(

And of course i have to say a very big thanks for the link.Thank you polaris i hope that drivers works for me.