• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with sound!cant install driver

unlucky

So here is the problem .
I am trying to install my sound drivers at my pc and i got a message
that says: The audio drives files do not support your computer hardware , If you unistalled audio software without restarting your PC , restart now , then run this setup again.

So after i get this message i restart my pc and try to install it but i get the same message again.same all the time .nothing actually happends :( .btw my soundcard is on board and my mobo is an Asus P5VD2-MX .So i was wondering guys if anyone has a solution about this or even give me a link with new drivers that i can actually install.Also something else.I ve found someone else with the same problem but he told me to install windows XP service pack 1 . and here comes another problem ,if i install windows xp service pack 1 will my widnows got locked just coz i didnt install them from the original cd and i cracked them?
and i would really care about the drivers and such but i dont have sound right now :(

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The only think I can think is that you downloaded the wrong drivers.

Here is a link to them if they aren't the version you have.

It is definitely possible that not having service pack 2 could be causing the problem, but nobody here can help you with your questions about your illegitimate copy of Windows. Sorry.

unlucky

The only think I can think is that you downloaded the wrong drivers.

Here is a link to them if they aren't the version you have.

It is definitely possible that not having service pack 2 could be causing the problem, but nobody here can help you with your questions about your illegitimate copy of Windows. Sorry.

My friend :( i didnt download the drivers . the pc i bought had them , i mean it is the cD that contains mobo's drivers and such . :( i am deeply sad :(

And of course i have to say a very big thanks for the link.Thank you polaris i hope that drivers works for me.