1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with vga?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by mrthanhnguyen, Mar 25, 2014.

1. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    Recently, I have BSOD when play game. I sent my asus gtx 670 to RMA department,but I still have BSOD after receiving back from them.

The yellow bottom of PCI is shorter than the other, is it normal?
    [​IMG]

The yellow on the right of PCI is shorter too
    [​IMG]

I keep have nvlddmkm.sys, and dx.sys or something when play game. I have NTOSKRNL.exe while prime95+furmark to test stability. What wrong with my pc?

2. SKBARON

SKBARON

Thanks Received:
    Yes, the golden connectors are normal.
    Did you try updating/downgrading your drivers? Update Directx. Also try running your system with only one stick of ram and test it for stability with only one stick at a time.

On a side note, did you overclock your card? If you did try reverting to stock clocks to see if that helps. Also, what are your system temps while gaming and testing for stability?

3. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    yes, I did downgraded the vga driver and updated directx,but none worked. I tried with memtest86+ for an hour and no error found yet. I did downgraded the cpu clock to stock,but didn't work too. Temp for cpu while prime 95 is 75 C, and vga is 70 C. I was able to run smoothly for 2 years, and the problem happened like 2,3 weeks ago. I'm doubt about my PSU or mobo after RMA my VGA.

4. SKBARON

SKBARON

Thanks Received:
    Can you test the card in another pc? Try remembering if you changed something in your pc software or hardware since the problem appeared. I've had issues with my pc when I changed one setting in the bios and it would freeze while watching youtube videos.

5. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    I don't have another pc. I bought another PSU and the same thing happened. Its weird because prime95,furmark,aida64,memtest86+,diskcheck don't give any crashes. Only game gives me headache;however, I'm able to play game without bluescreen when I play with window mode, when I sketch the window mode to full screen, blue screen immediately occurred. I ordered another mainboard to test this out. If mainboard doesn't help, I really have no idea how to fix it.

[​IMG]

6. SKBARON

SKBARON

Thanks Received:
    Did you run those tests with each ram stick separately? Does it crash in any game? I mean do older games run fine or does it behave in the same manner? Please run the tests with only one ram module installed for both ram modules and see if it makes any difference.

7. gdallsk

gdallsk

Thanks Received:
    Its either your mobo or your memory modules, I ruled that issue myself by just upgrading both XD
    But I do think you should check them both out

8. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    I have no idea now because I have no BSOD at all after turn V-Sync on and Field of View increases to 90.

9. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    i agree test with other game, i think its from software, could from driver, the game or your windows
    o yea, resetting bios too, sometimes it helps