1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with virtual drives, daemon tools

Discussion in 'General Software' started by das müffin mann, Oct 30, 2012.

1. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK so my trial version of daemon tools pro expired, so i uninstalled and downloaded DT lite. everything was peachy through the installation process, the launcher said it installed successfully, windows said otherwise. when i click on the windows error message, all that it tells me is that it didn't install correctly (really helpful). everything looks fine with the program but i can't mount images/virtual drives don't show up. To remedy this I've tried re-installing about 4 times now, several reboots. I've also tried two other programs magic disk (which is still lurking on my system because i can't uninstall it, windows just says i can't, and virtual clone drive. virtual clone drive uninstalled without a hitch. Neither of the other programs worked either. I ran a quick virus scan and nothing came up, I'm going to preform a more thorough search in a bit. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
  3. irlandezul

irlandezul

Thanks Received:
  4. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i've been using virtual clonedrive since moving to 64-bit. works fine and is free

5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i can only agree and i feel Virtual CloneDriver is a bit faster and more light weight than Daemon Tools and it just works fine in 64bit as W1zzard says ^^

6. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
    Me too... best, simple and Free EMU out there