1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with XFX 7950 GX2 XXX

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by menko2, Jun 12, 2006.

1. menko2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi.

i´m alberto. i´m a owner of a new xfx 7950 gx2 xxx. i have an asus a8n-sli deluxe nforce4 (it´s not in the list of graphic cards supported but it´s sli and nforce4).

when i received the card, it looked that it was working good. now, i don´t know why, i´t´s going much slower. i think that maybe it´s using only one gpu.

i passed the 3dmarks and games and bedore were good, now it´s much slower.

i installed the 91.31 driver and latest bios of my motherboard (1016).

i also played with the forceware control panel in the original and new mode.

in the new mode of control panel i can see the " multi gpu performance mode" and i tried all of them. 2 of the modes crash the computer sometimes.

what can it be the problem????

thank you

2. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like compatibility issue to me. Although by itself it is SLI in a sense but I don't know.
    Heat could also be a factor but you would see artifacts and problems displaying the picture correctly. Or it could be something as simple as a defective card. I read they are fragile.

3. menko2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you for the response guys.

i actually found a solution more or less.

i had to go to my bios and disable the SLI and use the card like a single card (that´s what is .....).

it works better now, but i think the new drivers have to fix a lot!!!! anyway, the oblivion works better that a x1900xtx overclocked, but not really much better. we´ll see with good drivers.

i hope so because the new control panel is a mess. it crashes the pc a lot.

i keep update people!!!!