• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problem with XFX 7950 GX2 XXX

hi.

i´m alberto. i´m a owner of a new xfx 7950 gx2 xxx. i have an asus a8n-sli deluxe nforce4 (it´s not in the list of graphic cards supported but it´s sli and nforce4).

when i received the card, it looked that it was working good. now, i don´t know why, i´t´s going much slower. i think that maybe it´s using only one gpu.

i passed the 3dmarks and games and bedore were good, now it´s much slower.

i installed the 91.31 driver and latest bios of my motherboard (1016).

i also played with the forceware control panel in the original and new mode.

in the new mode of control panel i can see the " multi gpu performance mode" and i tried all of them. 2 of the modes crash the computer sometimes.

what can it be the problem????

thank you

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
sounds like compatibility issue to me. Although by itself it is SLI in a sense but I don't know.
Heat could also be a factor but you would see artifacts and problems displaying the picture correctly. Or it could be something as simple as a defective card. I read they are fragile.

thank you for the response guys.

i actually found a solution more or less.

i had to go to my bios and disable the SLI and use the card like a single card (that´s what is .....).

it works better now, but i think the new drivers have to fix a lot!!!! anyway, the oblivion works better that a x1900xtx overclocked, but not really much better. we´ll see with good drivers.

i hope so because the new control panel is a mess. it crashes the pc a lot.

i keep update people!!!!