1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems getting in to dos!!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by andymiesta, Apr 7, 2006.

1. andymiesta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone iam tryin to get the extra 16 pipelines on my x800gto2 LM.
    I have followed everything on the Guide to Video BIOS flashing and making a bootable USB stick i then used the HP USB Stick format tool and formated the usb stick :D
    Then i downloaded the zip file from the Guide to Video BIOS flashing and making a bootable USB and put them on the usb stick i then downloaded the modified Flashrom and put the files on the usb stick i then proceeded to reboot the pc and went in to the bios and changed the first boot device to (usb) saved and rebooted all a get is a black screen with a little white flashing line at the top of the screen :confused:
    i also formated the disk with the FAT filesystem.....
    Do i need to follow the guide (Booting from the Partition) cause i tryed to download the bootpart file from (http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm) and extrated it and clicked run and the black box pops up then disappears :confused: if someone could help me i would really appreciate the help i didnt think it would be so hard just to get 4 extra pipelines :laugh: Well happy pc gaming all :rockout:

2. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would recomend forgetting making a bootable USB device. Just make a bootable floppy disk or CD.

Yes... some people still have a floppy drive. As a matter of fact I do :) . They make a cheap easy way to flash BIOS'.

3. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    i just keep mine in a box of computer junk i have lying around, if i need to flash a bios on my mobo, or vga card, i just take the side panel off my pc, and plug it in... very simple.

Dolf and i are working on making a universal bootable cd iso, so i'll keep you updated on that, but until then, i'll have another stab at making you a cd iso. Would you mind posting your bioses again, i think i've lost yours... got a desktop full of x800/x850 modded bioses :(

4. andymiesta New Member

Thanks Received:
    my bios?????