1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

problems with front panel switches and indicators

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Tran_McGrady, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Tran_McGrady New Member

Thanks Received:
    i am having trouble trying to figure out the front panel switch and indicator headers on my mobo. i have an abit av8 and my case is an antec p180. i cant tell which r my positives and negatives. if u guys would like pics i can post some
  2. Lazzer408

Lazzer408

Thanks Received:
    That's only important for the lights. If they don't turn on you have them backwards. Doesn't hurt anything as the leds (diodes) in the case won't conduct in reverse polarity, so they won't short out anything.
  3. steve258 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The coloured lead is positive while the white lead is negative, as said it only matters with leds.
  4. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    after having a quick search round on a few reviews of your board i managed to find a good pic of the front panel conectors in mention. There is practically microscopic writing describing the positive and negative pins and whats ping do what power, reset, led ect

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/AV8Review/holecovered.JPG

that is the link and you can clearly see some of the labels :) hope this helps!