1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with my Netgear WNR3500 router

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Jstn7477, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

About a week ago, my dad purchased a refurbished Netgear WNR3500 (version 1) router off of Newegg.com for $40 (retail $100) for me to use, since my last router quit working completely. It came with the latest firmware revision.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122220

It is hooked up to the internet via the Ethernet drop that the apartment complex has installed in each bedroom. I got it all set up, including the wireless (using WPA2 Personal TKIP + AES) and I turned SSID broadcasting off to further discourage people from using my WiFi. The internet works fine, but I am having problems with Team Fortress 2 (a multi-player FPS). I can connect to servers fine, play fine, all that jazz. But, it seems that when I have played a long time and have played on multiple servers, I will search for new servers to play on, they show up, but I cannot join them. I have to unplug the power to the router, plug it back in and once it is finished booting, I can join the server. This problem doesn't happen while browsing the internet or if my desktop is plugged directly into the Ethernet drop. So, it seems that the router is becoming overloaded (maybe the NAT table is small?) and it quits serving TF2 until it is rebooted. Is there anyway I can fix this, as I am finding that I have to unplug this router every few hours. TIA.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD