1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with nvidia's new driver??

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Doc41, May 26, 2012.

1. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    Hey all, i just decided to download the latest driver form nvidia but noticed that many complained that it decreased performance for them >>http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-301.42-whql-drivers-released/

My question is did they get lower performance because they were running beta drivers, or is it a hardware related issue, should i be worried?

In another question which GPU tweak utility you think is better, MSI afterburner, EVGA PrecisionX or ASUS GPUTweak?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I just installed the latest and haven't noticed any performance gain or loss. But then again I'm not benchmarking to measure, I'm just playing the games. In most cases the driver isn't going to make a noticeable difference in performance unless there are some major issues with the game and the new driver directly addresses them.

As for which out of the 3 tweaking programs do I think is better? MSI Afterburner. Really, at their core, they are all the same. They are made by the same programmer, and they are all based of Rivatuner, they just have different skins. However, MSI seems to give the author the most freedom, allowing him to release beta versions, which means MSI Afterburner gets far more updates and attention that the other 2 programs.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    You have a point there, i guess there is nothing to fret about.
    And MSI Afterburner it is.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:

At the moment on my side no problem yet, upside for me performance increase in the games i play at the moment average of 15% increase in performance for me in those games.

Games I currently have installed: Street Fighter x Tekken, Sniper Elite V2, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Blades of Time, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

Soon i will install Max Payne 3 when it arrives, and sometime this year hopefully Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (I will play anyway tho not the best spin off in the series i guess well have to wait and see, hope will come out on PC too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEvPKfM9P_w
  5. Vinska

Vinska

Thanks Received:
    Too bad they only fixed this for SLI. My monitor (the same ASUS VG278H) goes to 3D mode and stays that way if I launch any game. Even when stereoscopic 3D is disabled altogether :shadedshu
    (on a single GF GTX 560)
    Crunching for Team TPU