• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with win7

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
I feel like I've been taking crazy pills! I uninstalled the drivers in win7, it installed it's own driver which is what it does anyway, even though I have it set NOT to do anything automatically,,,Curiously though device manager is showing 8.17.11.9745 but, add remove programs is showing a verson 1.10.59.37. as the driver.?????????????? Also my vista OS just "magically" started this "automatic" downloading of drivers and shownig different numbers on the driver descriptions....Left4Dead2 now stutters in both the fresh win7 install and on the vista HDD.

System Name MRCOMP!
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair 280 AIO
Memory 64GB 3600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX3060
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Neo
Case No Case... just sitting on cardboard :D
Power Supply Antec 650w
how many times are you going to create a thred for the same topic?

its simple, install windows 7.

then install the latest driver.
DONE!

dont worry about uninstalling any other drivers. dont update windows 7 untill you install the video card driver.

it really is that simple.

ignore those numbers in add/remove.

delete the Nvidia folder in C:/Nvidia to stop windows installing that driver instead of the standard driver.

windows 7 will always install a driver for the video card. its the standard genric driver for the card. unless you have a folder in C:/nvidia, if you do it will install that driver instead.