1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

programs for OC HIS HD 5770

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Drac, May 8, 2010.

1. Drac

Drac

Thanks Received:
    Hey, i have been reading a bit but the topics i found on the net are a bit old so im asking this. I read that in order to OC the card, i need to use the Afterburner so i can pass the limits of CCC in the case my card can go further than that limits and put more voltage. Is that right? Do you recommend other stuff for OC'ing and/or raising the voltage?
    My intention is to put the core to 1000 mhz and the memory to 1400 Mhz, i saw that is very easy to get for most people. Thanks in advance

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    MSI afterburner seems popular these days.

just because someone else has achieved an OC, doesnt mean you will. take it easy and test it thoroughly as you go. (make sure that performance has gone up, not down, and then game on it to make sure its stable)

Drac says thanks.
  3. Drac

Drac

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I know^^ I will use Ati Tool for testing stability. I hope the HIS works well and cool.
    I will take a look to RBE - Radeon BIOS editor.

4. Drac

Drac

Thanks Received:
    Shit, my card has blue PCB, will it overclock less than the reference design?

5. lucasweir

lucasweir

Thanks Received:
    not necisarly depends on your card you wil have to find out, depends if the cooling is better on the non-refrence.

6. HeX_00

HeX_00 New Member

Thanks Received:
    However if it is non-reference then you probably won't be able to use voltage adjustment, and the chances of getting 1GHz core without it are slim to none.

7. Drac

Drac

Thanks Received:
    Its not very good the cooling, i got a His 5770 Fan, now i know why it was cheaper than the others, the memories dont have any type of cooling WTF! But the important is the core, the core seems to be well cooled

AfterBurner lets me to modify the voltages, even with UnofficialOverclocking set off in the config file.

8. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    just use ccc i get 950 easy on the core and i bought a set of bga sinks for the ram not that ocing the ram gets you much in the way of extra FPS

9. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I use afterburner and ati tray tools. Works for me.