1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project ''Bista''

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Lakisss, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Lakisss New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone from Greece!

I 've been working on a new project for a few months now and since I 've made quite a progress, I think it 's time to present it on bit-tech/tpu.
    You won't see top of the line hardware or a water cooling beast, since i 'm not a gamer.
    The build is about an htpc with all around usage, hovewer my main concern is to create something different with retro beauty.

In this build everything will be made by hand...you will see a lot of filling, cutting and sanding.
    I hope you enjoy the worklog as much as i do.
    Let the fun begin!

This time some sponsors kindly offered to help me by providing me with hardware.

MSI provided me the motherboard, the 890GXM-G65. MSI Europe ? Mainboard - 890GXM-G65
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mobo comes with five on board sata and RAID support.
    [​IMG]

Another useful feature is the o/c switch, that allows you to change frequency in four steps.
    [​IMG]

The mobo was very carefully selected because it had to cover the build's standards.
    One of them is the position of the chipset SB850 on the pcb.
    [​IMG]

Notice the coolers around the socket area.
    [​IMG]

Their height had to be lower than the back panel connectors, the second build standard.
    [​IMG]

A big thanks to AMD for giving me a Phenom II x4 processor! AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Phenom

[​IMG]

The cooling solution comes from Thermalright.
    The Ultra 120 is donated by TheLab.gr TheLab.gr - Επειδή τα μεγάλα παιδιά δε σταματούν να παίζουν ποτέ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TheLab.gr also gave me Corsair Vengeance 8GB PC3-12800 CL9 ram kit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The controller is a Lamptron FC5 V2 Fan Controller and comes from Eworld.Thank you Eworld! Eworld Ο κόσμος της Πληροφορικής
    [​IMG]

The controller can manage four fans, and handle 30 watts per channel!
    The screen can change so you can choose between seven colors, and you also have the choice of displaying Celsius, Fahrenheit, or Voltages for the bottom line readout. Lamp Electronics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up...the paint finish is excellent!
    [​IMG]

I always loved hi-fi components and especially amplifiers, so I decided to use one in this bulid.
    Scythe gave me that opportunity by sending to me "Kama Bay AMP Kro" 2ch Amplifier . Scythe "Kama Bay AMP Kro" 2ch Amplifier
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The amplifier.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scythe included everything, so Kama Bay AMP Kro comes with full acessories.
    It can be used as an external amplifier for your home theater system, so it comes with input/speaker cables and external power supply.
    [​IMG]

If you want to built it into your PC case, you must remove first the side plastic covers, and the rubber feet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's take a look inside!
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the Yamaha YDA138(D-3) ic chip, which according to Scythe is responsible for the quality sound.
    The sound is endeed very warm, rich, and powerful enough to drive a pair of good speakers!
    [​IMG]

''We are made for each other''!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last but not least....the most important part of a pc rig is the psu.
    Nothing but the best for this build, a psu that comes from the most experienced PSU manufacturers out there.
    I would like to thank Seasonic for providing me with the Seasonic X-660 Welcome to Seasonic USA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The PSU features a rich bundle including a nice bag while stores all modular cables tidy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seasonic started manufacturing PSUs in 1980, and was the first manufacturer that won the 80PLUS efficiency certification in 2005.
    All the X Series is 80PLUS Gold certificated!
    [​IMG]

Exterior photos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The psu is fully modular, a veru useful feature aspecially for scratch builds!
    [​IMG]

A look inside.
    [​IMG]

Thanks Seasonic for supporting my project!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you in a few days with the first update!
    Thank you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    crmaris says thanks.