1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project: Red Herring

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ste2425, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    now that is a great idea mate i think ill do just that were could i get the mesh though? ive looked on ebay and ebuyer neither have anything i found a website called chilled pc i think it was but nothing like wire mesh, plus i has to ship to the uk

2. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
  3. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    those may are some bloody good links haha they stock everything i need ive had so many ideas for this case but due to my lack of experience i have nowhere to find the items i need so cheers haha id love to do something with the front of the case, ie completaly remake the front using mesh but i think it'dlook a bit crap haha

4. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    here is a shot of one I did using the mesh on the front
    [​IMG]

5. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    that quite nice mind if i work with your idea:D

6. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    It's looking good. I have had a mod in my head for awhile for the PSU, if you want to try it?
    If you are willing to take your PSU apart then you could take the side off your PSU and cut an oblonged shape out, put black trim on and add some acrilic and maybe a LED. So basicly your PSU will have a window in it to show off the cool little components inside.

7. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    thats a realy good idea i might do that for the top of the psu then add a window under the handle to see through into the psu? hmmmmm

8. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    of cause if i blow it all up doing this ill blame you :D

9. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    right decided starting work on the psu tonight!!

10. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Haha Sounds good.
    I am sure you know what you are doing, but I would advice looking what you will actually see when you cut your window, because I don't think it would look to good if all you saw was a huge heat sink lol. Anyways good luck with it! and i must see pictures! :D

11. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    right ive looked at it and theres is no point in adding a window under the handle for my psu, as it only just sticks out front under the handle, so ive decided to scrap the handle all together and have one huge skylight window on the top, then make a window for ma psu on the top so all can be seen

12. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good. Any ideas on what colours you are going for yet?

13. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    that would look cool. The only thing is if you make a window in the top of the PS that is the back side of the printed circuit board (not too much to look at)

Throw a few LEDs in there and it may look cool.

ste2425 says thanks.
  14. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    aaaa right hmmm problem is i crnt add a window to the side of ma psu coz ive already cut the window in the door an its designed to hide ma psu:D errrrrm ill see what i can do like u said it may still look good with leds ill take it apart and have a gander:D

an conflicts ive had a few ideas on colours, ive got red led fans on the inside so the colours will be red and black but should i spray the inside all red, black or white what would promote the red leds best but without overdoing it

15. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I think most will agree that a black inside with red bits (cables,lights etc.) would look nice.

16. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great job on that window :). I agree I think the blk&red would be primo looking for sure

ste2425 says thanks.
  17. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    hmmm yea its just the outside is black an i kinda dnt wanna overdo it, the silver bits im thinkin of makin red too

Ryo129 says thanks.
  18. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Yea like MKmods said, All black with hints or red always looks nice, but it is weather you feel it is to generic or not. I don't know how it would look because i haven't seen the inside of your case but maybe the motherboard side, top and bottom all black and then the rear panel and the front panel in a red? Just mix it up abit or go for all black. Totally up to you :)

19. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    haha yea god i hate british weather ive got the flu for the past couple of days an ive been stuck in ma bed so all i can do is sketch out ideas lol dam rain thats wat i blame:D

20. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Arh bummer, Hope you get better soon :toast:

ste2425 says thanks.
  21. japuchi

japuchi New Member

Thanks Received:
    So nice window! I have a friend who cutted his window with something like a chainsaw, and results so bad lol.

ste2425 says thanks.
  22. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    haha well i used a dremel tool, not the best recomended thing to use as it is time consuming and a lot harder to get a straight line but with a bit of filling its easy to smooth out anybumps, bankholiday monday tmoz so i crnt buy any supplies but i think i do the inside of the case black, im going off the idea of a top window as it wont be very secure and i no that one drunk nght at uni ill come in and put it through haha so ill be painting the inside black and the silver bits red i still need to thin up some cunning idea for the front im lucky its all smooth and one part if that makes sense so the mesh idea MKmods showed us would work quite well with the case, dnt no if my kills are upto it though :D

23. kyle2020 Guest

I got a mega 1337 bargain yesterday! Went to Yorkshire to see my Grandad, went in an el cheapo shop, got a 5 pack of files for £2.99! :D THEY HAVE ORANGE HANDLES!!!! :D

I have a HDD mount kit coming, so ill be removing my hdd cage and possibly smoothing off all my existing cuts - ill fill you in ste, might inspire you a little ;)

24. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    haha i had to read through that twice it confused me at first :D shure id love all the ideas you guys have in the end this case is for me its my last bit of work whilst i have money before i go to uni plus i want a nice lookin rig to show off:D

25. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    right im going away for half an hour to do some work haha pics and info to come :D