1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project White Boy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [H]@RD5TUFF, Sep 16, 2012.

1. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    More photos and unboxing incoming!

2. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Well start with a nice new mouse pad!

A Razer Vespula mouse pad.

[​IMG]

I also grabbed a copy of bit defender 2013, to keep my hard drives safe.

[​IMG]

Now for some mouse pad glamor shots!

All unboxed

[​IMG]

and a close up of the 2 surfaces

the "control" side

[​IMG]

and now the "speed" side

[​IMG]

Hopefully ya'll can see the differences in textures.

3. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Still not sleeping well for obvious reasons . . . .

So I figured I start off with a small tidbit of information, and that is that I am desperately close to getting the final word on a GTX 780. Also I will say that I am excited to begin the planning stages of the fabrication part of this build, as so far most everything has been the assembly of off the shelf parts, which while nice, doesn't feel as though I have really accomplished anything, and so I want to take this build to the next level. So ATM I am planning the fan controller and 2 windows, and how they will fit in the build.:ohwell:

4. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    This mouse pad is amazing!

5. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    More unboxing and hardware shots incoming!

6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I want that mouse pad!

7. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    It's quite nice, I am getting used to it still, but it gets the job done for sure, and there are profiles for both side of it on the razer synapse software.:eek:

8. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    So I have a weakness for higher end well made surge protectors, and as such I pretty much exclusively purchase from Tripp Lite!

[​IMG]

I love the over all quality of construction!

[​IMG]

I love how well built it is and how stout it is, you can tell it's quality all the way and made to last!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  9. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I really am begining to enjoy this taipan mouse!

10. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Not really an update but .. .

Okay so this isn't tech related in any way, and it's on a personal note, but I figured I'd share as it's very important to me.

Come Sunday morning I (and my broken foot) will be taking part in a 4 mile breast cancer walk, my team and I, will be making the trek across balboa park and down the 163, I'll be the guy in the crutches. This year we are walking in honor of my mother whom is currently in a battle with breast cancer (she's in remission, but just found out she may have cancer in her other breast :banghead:)!

So i just wanted ya'lls opinion on my new hair cut, keep in mind I did this myself and with no real proper supplies, just some clippers and a bottle or hot pink RIT fabric dye, but anyway here it goes!

I present to you my ugly, ugly mug sporting an awesome new haircut (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)!

[​IMG]

Should the mood strike you to donate to the cause, you would have my ever lasting gratitude, and thanks. Should you not find yourself in the mood, I encourage you to do something in your local community to aid in the fight against cancer! Hell even joining the TPU folding team would make you a hero in my book! Every last bit helps, and I truly believe that together as a society we can end cancer in our life time! :toast:

Thanks for taking the time to read this!:eek:

11. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    You have some incredible ingredients going down in this build mon, kudos to ya and thanks for posting up , enjoyed looking and reading hows it coming along already!!! g1

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  12. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I appreciate that, I am in the process of saving up money as all told I am about $2,500 USD into this project and it's going to take another $500 at least to get everything I want to do done.

13. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    780 update

So I just got the word back from my main contact, he can't swing an ES of the "780", "right now" so while it's most likely I will be getting one when they launch like everyone else, there is still a chance I could receive one when they go out to reviewers, as I have signed an NDA either way I can't say more regardless.

14. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    love the new haircut [H] maybe someone can turn that Mohawk into a nipple for ya (jk)

My partner and I did a walk for life last year which raises money for breast cancer research the walk goes for 24hrs though and it comes down to how far you walk as to how much the sponsors pay out more K's walked = more money so it's a great kick in the pants to put in good distances...

and I love those razor mouse pads I tried my friends one and I'm sold I'll be getting one as soon I can find an etailer with one in stock in NZ .... not a fan of Bit Defender though tried it once last year went back to MSE

15. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wow look at this effin' guy! :toast: :)

Haven't even started my Prodigy build yet...been busy researching server-related stuff like RAID controllers and enclosures. Two projects!

16. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well if no one is going to say shit for 3 days I guess I have to double post. :p

It begins...

[​IMG]

And while normally not my style (plus the black + white matches my case and theme) it occurred to me that the 24 carat gold-plated Apogee HD would look pretty damn sweet on this board.

[​IMG]

HammerON and [H]@RD5TUFF say thanks.
  17. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Stren did some testing on various watercooling blocks, and it seems like blocks with metal tops were a little warmer that their acetal or plexi siblings. I don't know if it's that the top is holding in extra heat or what. I think you might do all-right staying with the white one ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I wasn't insinuating I was gonna switch...just that it would look pretty badass on this board with its gold and yellow accents.

19. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Back after a 3day LAN party nothing new to report other than some goodies ordered from performance PCS.

Also I would like to say I was able to hobble all 4 miles on crutches, and as such I am exhausted!:eek:

20. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Tiny update

I just ordered another new mouse pad, because it looked so awesome at CES l just had to have it!

I's a Razer Invicta, and I can't wait for it to get here!

For those whom are click lazy here is a rendering of what it will looks like with my mouse.

[​IMG]

Athlonite and HammerON say thanks.
  21. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks sweet!!!

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I fell asleep on the couch and forgot to order those parts from Perfomance PCS, so I am going to put it on hold till the rest of the parts I wasn't / need come in stock.:banghead:

23. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Ordered some more parts!

[​IMG]

Can't wait for them to arrive!!:D

Athlonite says thanks.
  24. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Oh also I encountered someone at the LAN party I went to whom owns his own metal fabrications business, and he may be able to set me up to do some laser cutting on my panels for the windows I plan to put it.

25. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Oh dude that is so sweet. I am going to have to find someone who can make me one too but that is way down the road. What about ventilation you think though? Other holes?

This case is really well designed and built and even better than you think/can know until you see it in person and work with one.

Been wondering what to do about radiator and res and pump as I really can't buy all new right now. Nor do I frankly want to with all the gear I've got. Such as, long story short, an extra XSPC dual bay pump/res combo that was a screw up and is slightly too wide for a standard 5.25 bay. And turns out with the Prodigy drive bays removed the thing fits absolutely perfect face side down in the front! Will secure with some type of adhesive I guess...or perhaps drill a couple holes but I dunno about that offhand. There are other spots for SSD(s) which is awesome.

Also still debating whether I am going to install optical or not...wasn't aware that meant no full sized reservoir on top (but shoulda realized). May get a single 120, idk. If I didn't have the same nice BR burner as you then definitely screw optical internal and I'd use my spare Swiftech MCR-220 for now. I already have an eSATA 5.25" enclosure on the way anyway-and another BR reader could install in it so no waste either way...still on the fence there.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012