1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Prolimatech Megahalems Issue.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CDdude55, May 15, 2010.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Hey Guys,

I ran into a problem when installing my Megahalems heatsink. The middle bar that is supposed to sit in between the heatpipes is to short to reach the screw holes. I hear this is a common issue and most people just drill a bigger hole, but since i don't have a drill on hand that is not an option. So i emailed Prolimatech and they say they can send me replacement parts. Lets just hope they can reach the screw holes so i can get this thing mounted.

I'm using my bro's PC right now, so i won't be on TPU for a while.:(
  2. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Too short to reach the screw holes? Can you get a pic of what you mean? I've installed Megas on a bunch of different i7 boards, and never seen anything like that. The middle piece of the brace just "sits" in the hole on top of the brace. It's only the 2 holes on each end that screw in. Those two holes always seem too short, but I've never seen it not work properly.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  3. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I've heard of the issue before.

I would contact Prolimatech and ask them to send you a bracket free of charge. ;) That or take a drill to it like you said.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  4. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Don't have a camera near by.:(

I'm talking about the part where you have to screw in the spring loading screws, the holes at the ends of that piece is not lining up correctly. I can screw in one hole, but the other is off by just a tiny bit.
  5. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I found what i did wrong guys.:)

I had to turn the two aluminum strip adapter 180 Degrees, they were in the wrong holes. Once i did that it mounted perfectly.:)
    Last edited: May 15, 2010