1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Prophet returns Trailer Crysis 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Feb 22, 2011.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Nailezs says thanks.
  2. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    ho. lee. shit. im getting crysis 2 for the story if nothing else.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    im getting it for sure. im excited for march 1st when the legitimate beta comes out

4. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i cant say i will buy it immediately - $60 bucks for a game is too much imo when i can just attempt to excercise my patience and get it on sale thru steam. god i love steam. but i will definetly be getting this game at some point. i LOVED crysis 1. played it thru i dont know how many times.

5. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i don't like how it is linear. i want sandbox mode back.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i never understood what people meant by sandbox. you still had to go from point a to b in crysis, you jsut chose how you did it using your suit and tactics. how is that going to be diff in crysis 2?

7. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    yeah I'd hardly call crysis a sandbox game, had some sandbox elements sure, but it was hardly gta.

but yeah prophet I know, but who the hell is alcatraz and where are nomad and psycho?

8. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    in crysis, you can run around the entire island and pursue enemies at your leisure. crysis 2 is more like COD where the game actually forces you to go in one direction.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i still fail to see the "sandbox"ness of it. the entie island was never open in any mission i played, you were still confined to an area. if we're talkin sandbox as in oblivion or fallout 3, then crysis 1 was never sandbox. it played somewhat deus ex like

EDIT: we're off topic, and i apoligize

10. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    well maybe i misused the word sandbox. but it is clear that the big difference between crysis 1 and 2 is how free you are to move around and pursue enemies. the areas themselves are MUCH MUCH smaller which is one of the big reasons why crysis 2 plays better on lower end/console hardware. also this isnt really off topic considering the amount of already existing crysis 2 threads.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very interesting...I know what happen's because I've played some part's of the leaked BETA. But, I will tell you this. Those scenes in the video are from Crysis and Crysis Warhead for those who don't know...And at the end of Crysis Prophet abandon's the ship and goes straight to the Aliens that were taking over the whole island. I guess Prophet knew what was up and needed to find out more answers.

I would like to know what happen to Phyko and the other main character from Crysis

12. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    the amount of rose tint is comical, crysis 1 was a far cry (HEH) from a gigantic open sandbox.

aw sweet you can run into some trees and out into the water and do... nothing, because when it boils down to it you have to go the same way in the end regardless. approaching a shack or building from a different angle or some shit is not what i'd call sandbox.

go too far out and you just die instantly after a small countdown.

13. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i never liked crysis 1 so i don't have rose colored glasses. just stating the differences in the two games.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Already preordered it on Steam.:)

15. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Psycho went berserk and probably killed Nomad. :eek: (Kidding over there :D)

As for alactraz, he's some wabberjack guy at the start of the game in a "ship". You'll know when you start the game immediately. :toast:

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  16. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Man I miss Nomad!! Psycho, Nomad and Prophet doing the same missions is the way it should be hehe loved the part in the first Crysis where Prophet gets saved by Nomad after Nomad shot his way out a freaking alien ship... I'm going to play through the first game again :).

17. TAViX Guest

"Alcatraz" is YOU, the player.

And regarding part 2, I agree. Is to linear, only limited options to go from point A to point B, typical console fracking port. Hope the story will be good tho....

18. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to hang myself using my mouse cord if the game turned out to be as liner as COD...I WANT MY ISLAND BACK !!!

EDIT: oh yeah...WHO THE !@#$ IS ALKETRAZ...I WANT PSYCHO OR PROPHET:(

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011