1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PS2 Emulator -possible - how about it

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Anarion, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Anarion New Member

Thanks Received:
    first of all i change this terrible writing as u said .

in this post i tried to say ; possiblity of emulation of PS2 on a normal pc in these days is easily workable. but due to copyright law which didn't let us have ps2's bios (if we want one , must buy console) then we didn't see any commercial inc going in that way ; for making emu
    & just because of this almost all ps2 emu i've seen they didn't work well, almost.
    or they work if u know how, but very bad! @ best u will have only 9fps if any other problems didn't come up !.

btw from now on i try my best to write well .

oh i iforgot to say u must rip bios from ur ps2 by ur own WorK or someone ! if not

sony sue u!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  2. ChAce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that's the worst formatted post I've seen for a while...

If you're implying that emulating the PS2 won't work decently... Well, about time you found out.

3. turbopsi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, wtf did he say? I'm sorry I can't understand horrible grammar like that.

4. EnglishLion

EnglishLion New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it had something to do with ps2, but not too sure!?

5. ChAce New Member

Thanks Received:
    I understood "PS2", "Bios" and "Emulator". All forms of cohesion are missing though...

6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Normal Anarion post.....

7. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Good so i'm not the only one who had trouble reading it. :rolleyes: I thought I was loosing it for sure after the day I had...lol

-Dan

8. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    He's probably not from an english speaking country, give him a break.

9. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    There is a lot of people on these forums who don't speak english. But most that do, speak it quite well and others like its second nature.

-Dan

10. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, true about the english speaking thing. But getting to the question, I'm trying to understand. I think he's asking if we know of a PS2 emulator that actually works- well. I've tried quite a few of them and none seem to work. Hey, he got farther than me, 9fps, that means it worked. But I'm not sure how important an emulator is anymore for PS2, I mean everything is getting cheap.

11. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will never let anything to do with Playstation into my computer. Blashphemy!

12. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it is dumb but it also saves money. The one good idea I think they should have, is a PC gaming OS. It uses AI to recognize when you insert a PC game, and that operating system gives you nothing but a streamlined menu (no background apps or anything) on what game you want to play, so you can get quite a bit more performance out of your system without all those applications and Windows running in the background. I mean you could sell it for free like Linux, it's just a simple, almost DOS but streamlined OS.

13. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    I don't think it'll be possible to completely emulate the PS2 in the near future, the hardware is way too unique, and I don't think anybody in its right mind will dedicate all the resources needed to emulate the way the PS2 processors work...
    What surprises me is why haven't anybody emulated the Xbox yet, I mean, most of the parts MS used to create the Xbox can be easily emulated by a PC, Imagine being able to play Halo 2 on hi res... :eek:

14. ChAce New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm from holland and I'm quite sure you understand me better than him... lol. I kinda know what he's saying but it is by no means clear.

15. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    Maybe he just didn't have English in school or something? If you can make out a thing or two of what he's saying, just ask him to clarify. No need to attack his spelling and grammar. lol. And I agree though, a normal Anarion post. lol. PS2 emulators are never gonna get finished and will need a huge CPU to decompile and recompile the code in real-time fast enough to make the games playable. Not worth it though...

16. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I never understand dutch people, they're odd.

As for the topic... I have no clue what the question/comment on PS2 emulation is. As far as I know several emulators exist, some even running a commercial game or 2 though none has decent compatibility or speed. It should be possible to emulate though consoles get more complex every generation which makes it harder to make decent emulators.

Nice emulator site

17. Anarion New Member

Thanks Received:
    i try to revise in my writing ways. btw i did not knew, i have many penpal here !whom totaly care about my posts & have some average about my all scratchs.

18. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol dude, thanks. Lay off this guy people, it's like I am when I try to speak spanish, but he knows about 100x as much english as I do spanish.

19. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    My two cents, there are PS2 emulators that work. Why they don't work for me/us is simple. From what I understand the emulator directly tasks the CPU for all required functions (not windows). The PS2 is a 128 bit system. The only systems I have heard of that people actually said they got them to work well have dual 64 bit processors. Those of you with 64 bit processors may be able to get them to run well enough to annoy yourself but for the rest of us with 32 bit processors we are out of luck. :mad:

20. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Dual 64 bit CPU's != 128Bit, sounds pretty much like bullshit. I have dual 32bit (quad if you count in HTT) but I can't run any 64bit software, obviously.

Though if you can get me the emulator you're referring to I'd like to have it, I'm always curious.

21. Anarion New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ amdcam -tnx for ur sympathy ,very nice of u

@ 65tweet - i assure u there is no way u can play well ps2 games on a dual core or dual cpu either (64) becoz this is all about emu programs which they can't do their job well

@dan - agree - & also i've seen some MT plugin for emu i will search & upload it here if u want but totaly there is no discuss about what u said . as u say; he's just go wrong in concept .

22. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:

I never said that and that is bullshit. What I was trying to say is you are not going to get software designed to run on 128 bit hardware to run worth a crap on a 64 bit system let alone a 32 bit one! You have to agree that a system with dual 64 bit processors will run such software much better that our systems albeit not without some issues. If I can remember the site that was specifically discussing this and the emulator I will send you the link. The general findings though were those who had 32 bit and single 64 bit processor systems could not get the emulator to work worth a crap.

23. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tweet, don't worry dude, Banjo always tries to offend people like that. I mean you have no idea how many times he's flamed me for saying "3.2ghzx3=9.6ghz". I mean I know he's right, but there is really no need to react that harshly banjo, especially to things like opinions, speaking from personal experience, when you make fun of my experiences.

24. turbopsi New Member

Thanks Received:
    From my forum experiences.. the moderators are always right, and if you don't like it, move on to another forum.

I wouldn't try picking a fight with one..

But that's just IMO. :)

25. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Turbo, I know that, and I've even sent Banjo a private message, because I don't have a problem with ANYONE on this forum but him, and I've been here a while. I mean look at my thread "graphics card chart" where he makes fun of me for "wasting" my time on it, or look at "Anyone though of Xbox 360 computer?", there's another one. He just reacts way too harshly to very simple mistakes or opinions. All I try to do in this forum is help people and get help, I don't like starting arguments, but Banjo flames me and obviously other people for every little thing we do wrong, and I am not the kind of person that takes that kind of shit. So I'll probably be off these forums tomorrow (because I'll be banned I assume), but sorry, all I try to do is help, and if Banjo can't say anything nice (or helpful), he shouldn't say anything at all.