1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ps3 Hacked(Again)

Discussion in 'Games' started by KainXS, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random

random

Thanks Received:
    IMO Console piracy will never take off like music or pc game piracy, no need to worry. And by the time any leechers get enough bandwidth to pirate that many games, Playstation Gen 5 will be out with 1TB Omega-Rays :laugh:

Blu-Ray has saved the market already, they just need to continue the trend and keep on trucking. :toast:

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  2. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    You wont need to waste your time downloading images. Just pop to Blockbusters, rent a game, install to an external HDD and keep it forever :roll:

3. random

random

Thanks Received:
    That is a good point, but this sorta thing has been happening for ages, it still wasn't anything compared to music,movie,pc gaming piracy. Basically because no matter what you do, you'll need to do some sort of alteration to your console before you can actually use pirated content. Not everyone will do it since piracy on the PC only requires a crack and an internet connection whereas you'd need to either solder a chip into your console or completely muck around with its firmware which is hardly worth it.

4. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Believe me dude, I know a lot of friends who have modded their 360's and their wii's, I'm counting 16 friends out of 20 (the rest don't even know it can be pirated) Its difficult to do some soldering, but when some agency takes care of it for you for like $20, well it gets tempting. Especially since none of them game online, so no need to worry about new firmwares or whatsoever. And for them, it is worth it, playing every game that's out for free.

5. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    But this hack requires no modification to the console at all. With the 360 you have modifiy the firmware on the DVDROM (which isnt hard for people that know how to do it). The last console that required no modification to run backups was the Dreamcast (and the PS2 with the flip lid mod I think lol).

But yeah, console piracy is nothing compared to movie, music and PC piracy.

6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Thats why i wonder why PC games are not as optimised as consoles with there 5 year old tech, i think i should be able to beat a console easy but its not always that simple.
    Its not really free then but that's what a friend of mine did because his grandad had a CD burner and they cost a lot in the PS1 days.
    PS3 iso files have to come from somewhere so they still have to rip the disk, even if they compress it 8gb i do not think so!

EDIT: The thing with music piracy is that it doesnt totally destroy there industry because now a days people want to go see bands live, so bands can tour or whatever to make there money. Same with the film industry, they have cinema releases and that in itself is a different experience to watching a pirate copy in your house.

7. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    pretty much every console has a way to hack it without opening them,

PS1-Action replay-swap
    PS2-Swap-FreeMCBOOT
    PS3-this
    Xbox-Gamesave hacks
    Dreamcast-nothing needed lol
    Gamecube-Action replay
    Wii-SDcard+DVD

only console that you can't really hack without opening it is the 360 and even that dosen't matter because some people open them so well you can't even tell they were opened

Getting banned though, is not worth it lol

but better graphics from a console like the jump from ps2 to 360 usually equals more development time, more expensive games across the board, and I don't look forward to that

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Gamecube, there is an SD card adapter for it goes into the memory card slot.

9. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    I might be paying alot of visits to my local rental store. ;)

10. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    just get gamefly lol cheaper in the long run just make sure u get a 500gig + hdd :roll:

11. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    Its inevitable that a software hack will appear if the OS is software itself. Only hard coded ROMs are unhackable. Its just a matter of time.

If it's anything like the Wii hack, then the console will be better. Running games from a HDD is how all the consoles should work anyway. I hate optical disks and their scratches.

12. random

random

Thanks Received:
    @Hookey
    Most games you can install on the system, but they still suffer from the usual bugs eg. low FPS or no vsync. Its only a matter of time til' we see some anti-piracy action, I have a feeling Sony will go as far as disabling some USB devices. Either way, we won't see this happening for very long imo. Only time will tell I guess..

@Assaulter99
    That's fine dude, but imo you still can't just do it in your own home hassle free. Not many people would take the time to even go out to an agency. And only a few people would happily sacrifice online gaming for free games.

13. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    LOL, forgot anout all those old hacks for old skool consoles :D

As for getting banned on the 360. In the eyes of the pirate, its a small price to pay. Most modified 360s get banned every November time (ish). But if they have to buy a new console every year, its still cheaper than paying full price for games all year ;)

14. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm why not PC games developer team up with Hardware manufacture, why they can't let say TPM chip in graphic card, so if the game was not valid it won't play the game, so in the end we won't have deal with pesky DRM, and only hardcore pirate that can mod graphic card can play pirate game, its a win-win solution

AltecV1 says thanks.
  15. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    because everything they can come up with in hardwarefor anti piracy, can be emulated and beaten in software.

16. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    All I can say is I pray and wait for the time to mod the PS3 ala xbox 360 for games. Ill download the shit out of a few games I want and burn them with a BD burner. Don't think I won't. Especially considering I downloaded a 66GB pron file in like a day at the most :)

AsphyxiA says thanks.
  17. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    I wonder how long will it take for someone to pirate this USB jailbreak and release a cheaper, or free alternative:rolleyes:.

Also, i notice a Macross game was or will be released in Japan, another Macross game i won't be able to play ( including the PS3 version of Tokio Xtreme Racer or Wangaman, i think) because it only works on a Japanese PS3s, F*** THEM! :mad:

18. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    last i remember PS3s are region free meaning you can import the game and play it

wait im sorry edit* PS3 is NOT region free but ALL games EXCEPT Stranghold are region free therefore any game from anywhere in the world will run on your PS3 so import that game you want and play the shit out of it :toast:

KingPing says thanks.
  19. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    I suggest you read this thread again:pimp:

20. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    JESUSCHRIST!!! Wangaman here i GO!!!:rockout:

THANKS MAN!!!

21. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    no problem but yea most games these days are region free sorta like PC games except the console games dont install and offer you 20 languages to pick from :roll:

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    lets hope your japanese is good :p

23. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    LOL didnt even think of that good point mussels ive never imported a game do to the fact i can barely read and write english if you follow my haphazard posts around here so... if i can barely communicate with english *shudder* i bet my foreign language skills suck donkey nuts

24. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    "press start to love game long time"

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  25. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    No it Sucks bad time, but i will take the usual approach of pushing all buttons until something that make sense happen