1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PSU fan most noisy fan in my system

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by P4-630, Jul 3, 2008.

1. P4-630

P4-630

Thanks Received:
    About 2 months ago I bought an Enermax Liberty 400 power supply, it's a great power supply and overall quiet, but the fan in this power supply is making the most noise of all, that 12cm built-in ball bearring spins at 1000-1300rpm during the day, ok it is not that very noisy, but its said that it makes the most noise of all in my system!

I gave it a try and replaced the original fan with a cooler master blue led fan about a week ago but it did not work, I had to cut and re-attach the wires to the 3pin connector for this.

The blue led was on but the fan did not spin at all!:(

Does anyone know which other 12cm fan works with an enermax psu?

Thanks.

2. SerenadeRB

SerenadeRB New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried lowering the rpm? I do believe that it has a variable speed control ( iirc). Also the best way [imo] to ensure compatibility is to use something by the same manufacturer. If you like silent than this Enermax fan runs at 17dBA, very silent.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999099

Plus it's inexpensive so it shouldn't dent your pocket like some $40 fans i've seen =]

3. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    You could use a fan header on your motherboard to power the blue LED fan you bought for your PSU.