1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PSU Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xnox202, Aug 5, 2007.

1. xnox202

xnox202 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay I'm not really sure where this one should go, but anyway.. I'm currently running my rig in my specs now, and of course I need to upgrade soon :S..

So I need a couple of recommendation ahead of me, first.. money isn't really matter to me, but I want a better PSU than my current Enermax Liberty 500. I feel that this PSU is just about right to power my current rig. Is there a need to upgrade any better? Also, I checked at diy-streets.com, and they said they had troubles with this particular PSU for this mobo, and I don't think I'm experiencing one..?

Anyhow, my options are:
    1) Should I upgrade my PSU?
    2) If I should, what PSU can I use for future upgrade aswell? I'm considering the upcoming new phenoms, so what kind of PSU I should be looking for?

Thanks all for the recommendation in advance. :)
  2. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005

SHould last you a good while if your current psu is giving you fits.

PSU incompatabilitys are often quite retarded, and realisticly shouldn't exist.

Most of the "incompatability problems" are just the psu not being able to put out power worth a crap.

I reccomend it not because of reviews and other peoples opinions, but because I use one and its an amazing PSU.
  3. xnox202

xnox202 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey, thanks for the quick reply.

well i'm not sure about your experience, but i would like to know more about it. also, should i worry about efficiency? i think this thing bothers me alot.
  4. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, you can see my system specs in my system profile..

Most people will drag on and on about having to have an effecient PSU, having a quality psu, making sure you have enough juice on your 12v, yadda, yadda.

PC Power and cooling has traditionally been the definition of "quality" when it comes to PSU's, and at that price, why pass it up? :)
  5. {JNT}Raptor

{JNT}Raptor New Member

Thanks Received:
    I second the choice of PCPower&Cooling....I use the 750watt silencer and It's quite solid for my setup.

Hope It helps. :)
  6. xnox202

xnox202 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Uh oh, just noticed. It isn't modular? :(
  7. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah, it has clean power instead :laugh:

j/k, modulars aren't totally as bad as most people overhype them to be, but the PCP&C is built for performance over looks, and in doing so, modular is not an option.

Looks are rarely a problem for most components, because what they look like has no impact on performance, but modular psu's will.

Not a whole lot, unless they're designed with crayons and aluminum foil maybe, but its there. Most people opt to avoid this issue unless they are explicit fans of a modular psu, because of such.

Just hide the wires :p
  8. xnox202

xnox202 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol. will do *sarcastically* (for godsake, anyone could should my antec 900's motherboard a shotgun blast to hide any wires!). :laugh:

i might have to start looking more into the psu you recommended. good price point by performance it seems. thanks!
  9. tater New Member

Thanks Received:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005612&prodlist=bizrate

i ordered me one friday :rockout: