1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pump and Res advice needed

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by techtard, Apr 19, 2013.

1. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Bought some watercooling stuff at a good price from a friend who is selling everything so he can backpack through Europe and Asia in the spring.

I now have 2 XSPC RX360 rads plus an EX 240, the XSPC fans that came with them, and an XSPC dual bay d5 pump/res combo.

I'm thinking about adding the d5 to my other system so that it has 2 pumps for reliability reasons, so I will be needing a new pump and res.

The pump and res will need to power an XSPC Raystorm CPU block, an EK VGA Supremacy universal gpu block, and 2 RX 360 rads. It wouldn't hurt if they looked nice and fancy, but I am already past my yearly budget. Pretty new to watercooling, so any advice would be appreciated! :)

2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Just use the D5 in your new build. Dual pumps for reliability is like wearing a condom to church. Thermal shutoffs make it totally unnecessary, not to mention the fact that a D5 is rated for no less than 50,000 hours of continuous use.

techtard says thanks.
  3. bmaverick

bmaverick

Thanks Received:
    I'd say get a second pump as a back up. The time you really need the computer and it's down due to the pump being whacked is not fun. Having a spare in the drawer is the best. Having two in a loop only if your flow isn't quite 1gpm to 1.5gpm. (Martin's Lab info for flow)

As for a condom at church, well, there are more girls knocked up there as any where else. Not a bad idea for that either. :p

techtard says thanks.
  4. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, I will buy one as a spare and keep it in my spare parts box.

Good thing I didn't make the order last night without feedback, I was whiskied up and priced out a lot of stuff I didn't need. :D