1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Purchased an Iiyama ProLite X2377HDS IPS Monitor

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by KieranD, Dec 14, 2011.

1. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Ive been eyeing up the Iiyama ProLite X2377HDS for a few weeks and i decided i would give myself a Christmas present. Hopefully it comes before Christmas day, it should as the last day for free before Christmas delivery is 15th on cclonline.

5ms response times so it should be okay for gaming.
    Comes with some speakers which i guess could be handy if i hooked up the xbox 360 or Dreamcast via VGA.
    Cost £147.97 with free delivery which i think is pretty good.
    http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-x2377hds-1/

2. Ra97oR

Ra97oR

Thanks Received:
    I am thinking of buying a cheap small IPS monitor too. Tell me what you think about the Liyama.

Looking into more of the 21" range, and it seems LG just pushed out a new one at a very low price. £110-120 and said to be pre calibrated before shipping.

The best screen I have seen is on my phone, a small Sharp ASV screen on my SH-10C. So my bar is quite low and I only really wanted good colour accuracy which most screen have not got.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    KieranD says thanks.
  3. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I like Iiyama monitors but the response time is exaggerated

PS, +10 for hooking up a Dreamcast :laugh:

KieranD says thanks.
  4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    5ms is exaggerated? Sad :( i dont think i will notice much if any ghosting though as ive seen 8ms (grey to grey) Dells that play fine. This is Iilyama's first ever IPS panel so i hope its good; must certainly beat other budget IPS panels in this price range! At this sort of price you have to go 16:9, 16:10 is getting phased out i think and thats why i see only higher end monitors 16:10.

I do like 16:10.

Dont know what to do with the old monitor as i have the pc hooked up to the TV already.

EDIT: Dreamcast is bad ass via VGA on my LCD tv, it looks amazing even for todays standards but i can imagine the colours on an IPS will be great!

5. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I don't mean that monitor in particular but when you see response times or contrast ratios listed in technical specifications it's best to ignore them.

manufacturers come up with these numbers like 10,000,000:1 by putting the display in a room with no light and measure the brightest point on the screen. the numbers have no real world meaning.

6. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can send me the old monitor for free as a present for Christmas, it's fine I'll let you ;)

7. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    No freebies lol.

Well the monitor is great, everything is much less washed out and sharper. Colours are vibrant and blacks are not just blobs anymore, much brighter too.
    Easily beats panels in this price range wouldn't beat a much better IPS but then you'd have to pay double or treble in price.

DREAMCAST FTW!

Not many options in the menu but i got it looking good. Its set half way between a neutral and vibrant tone. There is a version of this monitor with a superior stand (same specs otherwise), you can rotate the screen on that but not on this monitor.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  8. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    awesome.

crushed blacks sucks