1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

purchased diamond 7970 on impulse.. anything i should keep in mind

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2012.

1. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    I've had my msi twin frozr III 6950's forever, so i sold them to my friend and used the funds to start a cf setup with 7970's. I only bought one card to start so that's all i'm using, and it seems a bit of a sidegrade, although i tend to notice better performance in the games i play which is nice.

I just got a couple questions.

Overclocking? What max voltage and temp is safe. I'm currently at 1.20 1125core/1550mem.
    Temps don't go over 70 during 3dmark11, let alone any gaming.

What is the best program to overclock with this brand of card? I've never had a diamond card, so this is a first. MSI afterburner was my choice for my old cards and it seems to be working fine now? Stick with it or is there a better option?

Bios switch? Does it work just like it did on my 6950's.. and is there a custom bios out there i may be looking to switch too?

Sorry to just come out with some questions right of the bat, admittedly i haven't done much research, it's all impulse and my searches are not turning up anything concrete?