1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Q6600 go and a ASUS P5Q pro need to know how to overclock

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by rick3464, Apr 3, 2009.

1. rick3464 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok, back in my day, a long time back i knew how to squeeze a few extra mhz from my amd 300 proc. it was as easy as adjusting the multiplier and the bus speed. now here i sit with one of the best ever over clocking chips and a good over clocking motherboard, and i have not a clue as to how to get it to over clock.
    for now i'll be on air with a A/C freeze7 cooler, running 6 gigs of corsair xms ddr2 800.i have a 650 watt power supply so i know i'll have the juice to tweak.raid 0 on 2 WD 160 gig with 16 mb buffers for os and a WD 500 gig black edition for storage and finally a His 4670 turbo video card.

can anyone offer me help to get this to over clock.i'd be happy with 3 ghz .
    :banghead:

2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Uh I wouldn't call the Q6600 one of the "best overclocking chips". It is certainly the most popular Intel quad so far but that had more to do with price.

My old Q6600 would do 3.0 on all stock volts (except RAM). Start by pushing the FSB up to 375. Watch what that does to the RAM speeds though. May need to up the volts and/or change the multiplier. At 375 1:1 RAM is only at 750.