1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Q9300 running hot

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by bigeyedrabbit, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bigeyedrabbit New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a evga 750i ftw with a Q9300 and according to realtemp and my bios my average running temp is about 50ºc, that seems quite hot to me. Im using a Rosewill RCX-Z775-SL with ocz thermal compound. I set my fans to 100% at all times and im still running hot. Ive only overclocked it to 2.62 and have a fsb speed of 1400, what could be going wrong? Ive been told the 45nm chips are supposed to run cooler so this seems way off to me. any help would be great.

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    Your contact between the heatsink and the CPU might not be great. You should take the MB out with the cooler still attached so you can check how well it seems to be making contact. You may also want to re-seat it just to be sure.

3. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Propably just bad temp sensors like in my CPU. Everything but EasyTuner6 (motherboards own program) shows 50C idle temps. Got my self an infrared thermo this Christmas and cooler base was 27C, while easytune showed 29C for CPU.

Downclock the processor as low as she goes and if it's still near 50C don't be bothered with the temps.

I can't even offset Real Temp so much that it would show real idle temps. With current clocks idle "is" 49C and load is 55C (22.7C) ambient :) In reality they are something like 29C and 48C.

edit: could be a bad contact too but that Q9300 is basically just two of my E7200s slapped together with higher FSB and lower multi.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  4. bigeyedrabbit New Member

Thanks Received:
    that may be the problem, cause it says two of my cores are around 33 and the other two are much higher.