1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quake 4 ending!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ste2425, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    I just completed quake four. Whats the deal with how it ends?
    are they making another game to finish of the story? coz the next one was that tiberian wars thing wasnt it which is just like a battlefield online game. So are they making a quake5? to fiish to story?

2. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think your thinking of Enemy Territory Quake Wars ,and no it might have looked like battlefield at a glance but was much diff tbh.

ID recently released a statement stating they do not currently have any plans to make a Quake 5.

but Quakelive is out soon - ish :D yay for free games !

3. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    ID Software also never had any intention of releasing a Quake 4 . . . Raven Software took over that task.

If there shall be a Quake 5, almost uncertainly Raven Software will be behind the reins.

But, we might not see a Quake 5 until after ID's next release with a new game engine. Raven tends to only release 1 game using ID's current engine.

4. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    What`s quakelive ?

5. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.quakelive.com/

Its going to be (when released) a free browser based Quake game ,based very much on Quake 3 ,but better gfx ,new maps etc ,but the best bit obv it being completely free,so its bound to get well populated.

watch the video on the webby ,i think it looks v good,and anyhting thast free ill play :)

francis511 says thanks.
  6. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    From what ive read online in last year or so ,ID were not happy with Quake 4 and Raven ,and its generally beleived that if there is to be a new quake game in the future ID themselves will make it,with Quake 4 they had to take over the patches as Raven couldnt or woudlnt fix it.

I think there will be a Quake 5 at some point but it wont be for at least a year or more imo,as they have Rage,Doom 4 and Quakelive on the go currently leaving little time for anythign else.

7. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's interesting - I hadn't heard anything about any bad blood between the two companies . . . hell, they've been on very good terms over the last decade +

But, if there's one thing I've learned from ID Software while following their games since Wolf3D . . . never underestimate what they are capable of! And considering that they're one of the most powerful game software developers on the market, their publishers and distributors give them free reign to do as they wish. I'm sure at some point, though, we'll see the Quake series brought to an end, but there will more than likely be a 5th installment at some point.

And even if ID and Raven are on bad terms currently, I'm sure they'll make up considering how much both companies have helped each other out over the years.

8. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    foes that game finish of the sotry though? im really curious, the story is half the reason i play games lol

9. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Did any of you go to Quakecon?? And if you are lucky you can beta test the game. I am already and it is fantastic!

10. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    quakecon? whats that