1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

qubit's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 GIVEAWAY competition!

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Fun poll! TechPowerUp is:

1. unimaginably awesome!! Nothing compares to TPU

51.3%
  2. home to the best tech community on the planet

61.3%
  3. home to the best product reviews, especially graphics cards

49.6%
  4. the best forum on the net

44.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    UPDATE: We have a winner! It's Damn_Smooth

Well done! You've made a couple of awesomely funny posts and cracked me up laughing. :toast: It took balls to confess these facepalm embarrassments in public. Respect. :rockout:

I've reposted them here:

Yes, you heard that right, I will personally buy a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the upcoming blockbuster game due for release on 08 November 2011 and give it away to one lucky winner! :rockout:
    On top of that, the pre-purchase also comes with bonus game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Yup, two grade A games in one competition. Awesome, huh? :)

Why am I doing this? I like to give something back to our community from time to time and this competition has been inspired by the many positive responses to my thread You interested in a free (legit) copy of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? which was really nice as it's an old game that many of you have, so I figured that a competition upgrade would be in order. :cool:

To enter, simply tell me why you should be the one to have it - and make your sales pitch interesting. The more funny, humorous, comic, ridiculous, hilarious and outrageous you make it, the better chance you have of winning. To differentiate yourself from your fellow contestants, feel free to add one or more pictures to your post and format your post anyway you want. On top of that, you can make more than one entry!

After the closing date, I will look over all the entries and decide on a lucky winner.

A Steam account and client software is required for this game to work. Download the client from http://store.steampowered.com/about if you need to. If you have any objections to Steam, then please don't enter the competition.

COMPETITION RULES

- Closing date: 21 October 2011 at 23:59 GMT - that's 6 weeks of hot submissions
    - Everyone can enter - no restrictions. That means members, new members, mods and admins are all welcome!
    - You can make more than one entry. However, don't spam the thread relentlessly
    - You can edit your entry as many times as you like until the closing date. An edit after this will disqualify you
    - You can continue to post for the purpose of discussion after the closing date, but don't make any more competition entries, which won't count. They won't disqualify you though if you forget
    - Abide by TPU forum rules

FUN POLL

Why not take part in my fun poll? Voting is optional and the poll will not affect the competition. Votes are public and you can select more than one option.

My HeatWare. I'd be grateful if the winner could give me positive feedback once they have received their prize. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played any FPS since (overplaying) Soldier of Fortune 2, especially RMG desert that I loved. Now here is the motivation for CODMW: The appalling state of the NHS means that I need to take care of my health myself. And CODMW could help me keep fit and get an adrenaline fix while sitting here at my PC . It will also prepare me for the rebels that will come and topple this two-faced government we've got now. Not better than the last one, mind! LOL. Seriously, the concentration and reflex skills might be good practice for this old granddaddy! And it would also motivate me to upgrade this rig! It's fine for most of what I do (productivity software and browsing) but it doesnt cut the mustard to play latest games. Time to upgrade!?

3. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I'm not that interested in MW3, but just CoD4 :D

So pick me for the cheapest winner ;)

4. Red_or_Dead

Red_or_Dead New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want it. I have pre-ordered the game (absolutely ages ago) but if you're giving it away, give it to me, and I can cancel the pre-order from game.co.uk and save some dosh.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
    pretty please with a cherry bun on top

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    why do i want it? because i've played every other CoD game to death, and i'm hoping that they're getting better, and not worse (and i hated black ops, so i wont buy MW3 - free is all good however)

as for my reason for entering? f*ck, i moved into these forums years ago and they cant get me to leave. its like going to jail overnight for drink driving, and staying so long they make you an honorary cop and give you a baton to whack the other inmates with. you couldnt STOP me joining into this thread, gotta whore my post count somehow

(and i'll infract the mailman78 if you let me win. seriously.)

digibucc, TIGR, va4leo and 1 other person say thanks.
  6. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like the games because I can't shoot.
    I mean seriously, very seriously.

I've got a great aim in real life (I regularly go spear-fishing with a compressed air spear-gun) but when it comes to virtual reality I'm one big FAIL.

I manage in the Fallout series only thanks to the VATS system (ie you press V, the game is paused, you choose a body part... then shoot) :eek: nice...

For that reason I rarely ever bought FPS games.

But if I were to win such a game, I'd have to play it... and as they say, practice makes perfect :) And so thanks to your gift I'd be able to buy FPS games without that nagging fear that I'd have to give up after the first 5 minutes.
    Imagine what a good deed you'd have done to the entire gaming community and to the game creators and developers!! :D

Oh, and if I win the games rest assured I'd be making numerous awesome polls on them, all in your honour :) :respect:

7. sy5tem

Thanks Received:
    gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime

because im real poor and i have 50 children to feed ... il feed em mw3 bits! WOW its YOUR change to feed 50 children with 1 ez move! lol

seriously i just changed jobs and i will not have the cash in time to buy this as i accumulated debt while changing jobs ! and i would love a free game to occupy my small free time windows between working and playing my my daughter.

8. qubit

Thanks Received:
    No shit Mussels, you've cracked me up with that one! :roll: We can't get rid of the post whore, eh? ;)

Tell you what, I'll do ya a deal: custom BAN mailman right now and you'll win instantly! <bribery and corruption changes hands. Oh shit, I said it in public. Quick, hide!!! :p>

9. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I can gaurantee that the above statement is 100% accurate and exactly how Mussels became a moderator.

As for me, I just ran into TPU headquarters and yelled "FIRE". In the ensuing chaos I picked up a banstick someone dropped when they were trambled trying to get out.

I don't want the game ... just came to say thanks for supporting the community, Q. :toast:

stinger608 and qubit say thanks.
  10. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Oh, so that's how it was... :roll::roll:

You're very welcome, the members and staff are really great here. I'm lovin' every minute of it. :toast:

11. Splave New Member

Thanks Received:
    not interested in winning the game, (ordered for ps3 already) but kudos to you for giving it away. Nice to see there are nice people left.

qubit says thanks.
  12. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Your going to have half of the internet population joining TPU to win this free game :)

qubit says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Its cool to give away free games.

i would like to believe i can avoid trolling this thread but thats a lie. you should give away a game that wont potentially suck balls. :cool:

awaits infraction*

qubit says thanks.
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm just going to verbally scold you in CAPS..

TRITEX_CAN.. YOU'RE A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!! :slap: :mad:

qubit and TRIPTEX_CAN say thanks.
  15. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I won't buy the game, but I'd take it for free and probably play the hell out of it! Why won't I buy it? Because I skipped MW2 and then was super dissapointed by Black Ops! That makes me in need of some fresh CoD Modern Warfare action. I already own CoD4, which means I'd gift it to someone that doesn't own it TPU (if Steam will let me of course, I own a hardcopy, not a steam copy).

Besides it'll make you about 100 points awesomer-est if you gift me the game, reason being? When my e-peen ego grows, those that do good things around me get awesomer-est. It's just how tha internetz work! :D

:toast:

16. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your entries guys and girls, but please try to make them humorous. :) Making me laugh will really help. For a great example, see Mussel's entry in post 5 - had me in stitches. :D

Remember, you can make as many entries as you like (without spamming).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    Black Panther says thanks.
  17. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I think you should give it to me because by possessing the game it will allow me to rise above my current condition. To feed all of the hungry of the world. To end all wars and eliminate all diseases on our planet. To conquer space and time itself and usher in a new era of human development, redefining us as a cosmic leader to anyone else who may be watching in the universe. If that doesn't actually happen after I get the game, it's not my fault.

I still don't want the game, I just can't resist posting goofy crap. :D

qubit says thanks.
  18. qubit

Thanks Received:
    That's the best BS I've heard in a long time, K. :D:D

EDIT: Yes, it does make a great example for what's possible. Thanks matey. :)

19. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Just helping the contest out by showing people how easy it is to make up stuff to enter. ;)
    (Jeez ... I had enough typos in there. :laugh: )

qubit says thanks.
  20. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    That's what she says...

21. Derek12

Thanks Received:
    I can't enter the competition because my computer seems it won't be capable of running it acceptabily (I would want to play it) :( but I want to thank you anyway :toast:

22. _ALB_R3D X

_ALB_R3D X New Member

Thanks Received:
    As u may already know it's not a problem to find games where I live but none of them playable online...!:banghead:
    So that would be my main reason and in the meantime I'll throw u a joke:
    An old man and an old lady meet in the park.after a while they start meeting everyday and sharing everything...at some point the man asks the woman a favour...yes she says what is it...
    the old man:can u just hold "IT"(u know what I mean)
    the old lady surprised said Yes
    this thing went on for a couple of months when one day....the old woman went to the park but didn't see the old man...!!!
    she put her glasses on to spot him with another woman...goes to them and angrily asks the old boy
    WTF are u doing?After all we been together..How could u do it?What does she have that I don't...?
    The old man:....honey she has Alzheimer....

23. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Yes, your PC is a bit on the old side with a bottom end graphics card, but that shouldn't put you off, my friend. What better excuse for a PC enthusiast to upgrade his rig? :pimp: Even if money is tight, I'll bet you can find some decent used parts, perhaps by trading with members on here?

So, give me that funny entry and make me crack up! :toast:

24. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Mammia ! Someone actually thinks this game is worth it ! I thought I was the only one.
    As for why give it to me, because I'm one of the few true CoD fans left there, who cares nothing for engine age and poor performance. Hell, my rig can play it all maxed out @1080p, so why give a damn ?

I hope you weren't expecting anything funny mate. I can't reach your standards of funny. Never managed to get English humour, and I doubt mine could get to u. Just gimme the bloody game and bugger off.

Edit: Bugger off ? Or was it "sod off" ? Ah, tell ya what. Give me the game and I'll adopt an English accent. Might even try to improve my grammar and try to use better punctuation ;).

Another Edit: So, what made you make up your mind and plan to get the game ny ways ?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  25. qubit

Thanks Received:
    For someone who doesn't get the humour, you've done pretty well. I liked this bit especially, "Just gimme the bloody game and bugger off." :laugh: Nothing like being blunt, eh? ;)

I think it was the price, I figured I'd wait a while for it to drop. However, on thinking about it a little while later, I thought "Sod it, I want it now!" Not only that, but I compounded it by buying another copy for this competition, lol. :cool: