1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question about a case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by happita, Sep 13, 2012.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I just have a few questions about the Corsair 550D case before I make a decision to get it at newegg before the promo expires tomorrow.

1. Does it have filters on ALL intakes? I mean on the front, side, bottom/middle, bottom/psu?

2. Where can I put my 140MM Noctua NF-P14 FLX fans in this case? Front/Bottom/Side? I don't know since they use a 120MM mounting system.

I apologize mods, but I thought that posting this in this section would get the most exposure and due to the lack of time I thought it would be best. If you feel you have to move this to the proper section, I will understand.
  2. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    All intakes are filtered (front, bottom/psu, and side) and all fan mounts have 120/140mm mountings

Nice case- Enjoy! :toast:
    happita says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. Wrathier

Wrathier

Thanks Received:
    Very adult case. I like it a lot. I would recommend that for a computer ment for maybe a living room or somewhere it maybe should not stick out as much as ex. Thermaltakes Level 10GT or HAF-X etc.

Great choice.
  4. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    Corsair Rocks!

I love my Corsair Carbide 400R - even though it's next to their bottom of the line case, the features and build quality are amazing. It feels like you could run over it with your car, dust it off, and fire it right back up! My back groans every time I lift the tower to clean out the dust. If the 550D is anything like my case it's solid and well thought out. In fact, my only complaint is that I didn't get the 500R. I don't like flashy, and Corsair understands that concept - all their cases have a classy understated look.
  5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    my Antec SX830 was built like a tank
  6. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    The Corsair 550D is a great case. Get it
  7. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Agreed with what the other guys said, Corsair makes great cases, you'll enjoy it :)