1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

question about installing a driver

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by DTV DRAGON, Nov 30, 2009.

1. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey guys I need to know if iam doing something wrong here or not.When I go and update my video driver like I did to the current nvidia driver, I uninstall old driver etc. then it says to restart wich I do but after the desktop loads and I start to instal the new driver windows start to instal there basic vga video driver first! and then I continue on to install my nvidia driver. Is this alright to have the windows vga driver installed like it does before i get a chance to install the nvidia driver? will it just overide the vga driver? Ive tried everyting to stop windows from detecting my card and installing this vga driver. any suggestions or ideas? hope I put this in the correct forum as well thanx Dragon

2. DirectorC

DirectorC New Member

Thanks Received:
    I never even remove my old drivers before upgrading them and have had no problems.

Windows will always install its own VGA driver and it will never interfere with your nVidia driver setup.

DTV DRAGON says thanks.
  3. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    thankyou very much for your answer! Dragon

4. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Yep, the NVIDIA drivers will completely replace the basic VGA driver. You can't exactly uninstall the basic VGA driver anyway, unless you don't want any video at all. :D

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    Actually sometimes it interferes with the nvidia installation , which pauses until you cancel the other installation (If that happens , press cancel on the windows installation wizard )

6. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanx all!! Dragon