• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question about RBE "Increase overdrive limit"

Jard

Here is a screenshot of what comes up when I go to Additional features in RBE after loading my stock BIOS.

The card is a PowerColor AX6950 2GBD5-2DH purchased at the end of December 2011 from Newegg.

I am really only interested in trying to unlock the 6970 shaders.

My concern is that the Upper limit GPU and Upper limit RAM values that I see loaded by default look higher than anyone else's screenshots. Should I be using Method 1 here or Method 2? What should the values be set to?

I'm aware that there have been mixed results with people trying to flash these cards. I plan to just try to unlock the shaders.

Thanks!

Jard

I don't actually want to raise them if I shouldn't, to just unlock the 6970 shaders. :confused:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Then just click the box in RBE for the shader unlock, or use the BIOS-modding script(my preferred method), and don't worry about the clock limits.;)

Jard

I did the shader unlock this morning and it worked!

The new BIOS did also unlock the CCC Overdrive limits the whole way up to 950/1350, but that's not stable. I don't have time to test and find a stable overclock right now.

Thanks!