1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question about Skype

Discussion in 'General Software' started by fullinfusion, Apr 4, 2013.

1. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Here's the story and a question!

Ok the short of it, I got my wired land line disconnected. Both the wife and I just use cell phones sense basically it's the same price as having a land line.

We have a pair of Samsung's Galaxy S3's and our cell provider really don't offer good deals on a rate plan to call Australia. I have a 5GB 4g data plan, she has the 1gb data plan and it's a combined share of 6gb's

Skype! We want, well she want's to have a Skype number so she can use it like a land line having her own Skype number to ring her mum at home.

What plan and options is there for her to be on a wi-fi network 90% of the time and the other 10% on the 4G network to be able to ring her mum and her mum to call her?

Thanks

2. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Ttt

3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    jgunning says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    It's supposed to be 24 hours, not 4 hours. :p

Anyway, are you talking skype to skype or skype to landline? Either way IP phoning (at least here) is NOT included in the data traffic. You have to pay extra for that. Make sure you look that up.