1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Question] Crossfire Bridge - Longer available?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by theeldest, Jun 29, 2011.

1. theeldest

theeldest

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking to get the ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s...

Is it possible to get crossfire bridges that would let me use the 1st and 3rd PCIe slot so there is space between the cards? (these are technically the 1st and 5th slots on the board)

Thanks!

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

the mobo supports the following

3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (dual x16 or x16, x8, x8)
    1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
    1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
    1 x PCI

according to this the slot you are looking to bridge to will operate at PCIe x8; may be worth your while pinging a mail to asus techsupport and asking the question "will the PCIe slot three function at PCIe x16 if the second PCIe x16 slot is unoccupied?"

this info may also be in the manual; look here - http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=24&m=Crosshair V Formula&os=30&hashedid=Ntfy5ioh5wbNOXsP

crossfire bridge, look here - http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CBwQrQQwAg

@ MRCL: I know it's a ripoff; but OP did not state they wanted a cheap crossfire bridge :toast:

atb

Law-II

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Yes there are longer CF bridges around, some motherboards or graphics cards come with them, and I know Arctic Cooling makes them, too. However it seems a bit difficult to actually get one; you're not the first to ask. So your best bet is asking around on TPU, looking on Craigslist, or eBay.

Hot damn nine bucks for a CF bridge. I can buy two Pizzas for that.

Law-II says thanks.
  4. Whilhelm

Whilhelm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm that the Crosshair V does come with a long crossfire bridge to allow the use of the first and third pci-e slots. I sold one to a customer at my work today, we opened it to see what accessories it came with.

Also, the first and third slots are x16 electrical, these are the slots that they intend you to use on a two card crossfire setup, same as the Crosshair IV

Law-II and theeldest say thanks.
  5. theeldest

theeldest

Thanks Received:
    That's fantastic. Thanks everyone!

Law-II says thanks.