1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick overclocking question

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Femioso, May 24, 2012.

1. Femioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was looking to Overclock my ATI radeon HD 5870 6th edition past stock settings. Do I need to flash another bios? Or is there another way to do this?

2. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    i have a similar card and did flash it at first to asus ref, to overcome the max clock limit, however its not necessary anymore just use saphire trixx overclocking tool, and in its settings tick ulps disable and reboot and your off, i did also try flashing the 5850 which i have xfired with the 5870 and to be honest its mucho agro and didnt work to bypass the limit with the few bios's i tried whereás ,original bios is fine ive no limits with trixx.

Welcome to tpu, and id advise you to fill in your system specs, its easier to help if , your pcs listed:)

More than 25k PPD
  3. Femioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks alot. I shall post my specs soon

4. WalkupManuel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a similar card and did flash it at first to asus ref
    [​IMG]

5. neo668 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I have just 1 noob question. Does Trixx have to be opened for the ulps to be disabled? Right now I have set Trixx NOT to start with Windows. Thanks.

6. Femioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm seems the saphire software crashes my GPU when i overclock even the slightest. Is there any good BIOS you guys recommend me to flash?