1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick question about my 4870 1GB...

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by PennySavre, Oct 20, 2008.

1. PennySavre New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was running a graphics program and would get the occasional artifact (small colored dot) popping up, so then I tried ATITool scan for artifacts and would get an artifact every once in awhile, or so it seemed to detect. The temp of the graphics core only seems to go up to 85c. Do you think it is some sort of program or driver bug or if I should try raising fan speed? (I don't really want to though because it might create more noise.) There's no overclocking on the card.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your VRM temps may be too high. Increase the fan speed a bit.
  3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Raise the fan speed and see what happens. Also, what are the rest of your system specs? Your power supply may be strained.
  4. PennySavre New Member

Thanks Received:
    My power supply is a Thermaltake Purepower 600Watt... other than the video card, there's an E4300 overclocked to 3GHz, one hard drive...
  5. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, not too sure about the pure power, I know that my Toughpower is great, but I have no experience with the PP series. Lets assume that it's good, that leads back to heat or a bad card as you shouldn't get artifacts with ATI tool. Up the fan speed and see if it helps.