1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick question about system restore...

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Arjai, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    My brother across the country, and I, have been dealing with his inadequate computer knowledge for over two years now.

He is 67, now, and due to no fault of his he is basically illiterate computer-wise.

Anyways, he effed up something a day,or so, ago and I elected to do a system restore to bring him back three days.

How long is this expected to take? Ballpark for an AMD dual core laptop, two years old.

Thanks! :lovetpu:

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Hey Arjai, the last time I did a system restore on a Pal's laptop, which was a couple of years ago, it seems like it took about 30 minutes or so to complete.
    I suppose a lot has to do with how much information is on the hard drive though. But I would imagine it shouldn't take over an hour at tops.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    If its windows daily checkpoints it shouldn't take that long to go back 2 or 3 days. 30 min or so sounds reasonable.

stinger608 says thanks.
  4. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yep, that is what I was thinking as well. It really doesn't have to restore all that much information.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, turned out, I went to have a smoke, came back and it was done. About ten minutes!

Now I am Glary Utility-izing his system in the hope of dumping junk and dead links and registry crap.... about half done, hoping to avoid the black screen at start up, he's been getting.

stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU