1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick Question about Voltage

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Wastedslayer, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Im noticing some fluctuation in my voltage tables, right now under 100% load they are at:

+12V: 11.72
    AVcc: 3.25v

Arent these supposed to be higher? Is my PSU bad, cause I can still RMA it to OCZ.

What do you guys think?

2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Well, if memory serves me right, voltages are "in spec" if they fall within a 5% difference from what they're supposed to be. I think you're okay, but I would talk to this guy on MSN Messenger. He helped me RMA some bad sticks of RAM, and he can @ least point you in the right direction:

3. quickie New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have the same psu as you. mine shows around 12.36.
    it isn't exact since its a software reading. so long as the reading is consistent and you haven't experienced any problemsm, i would think you are ok.

btw, above post is right. +/- 5% is normal.

4. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    QUickie does ur PSU do that gay humming sound from the fan throttling, I think im gonna rip mine out and replace the fan then

5. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    My old OCZ StealthXStream had that humming bs & I ended up dropkicking it. It would would do that in the middle of the night when vista started installing bull @ 3am. I wanted to chop the thing to bits for waking me up.

6. quickie New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes, it did. i had a stealthxstream 600w too with the same problem. i rma'ed them, and the newer psus were better but far from satisfactory. it appears the internal psu fan changes speed as the temperature increases. the problem is the psu fan ramps up the speed too quickly and stays at a constant annoying sound.

anyways, i opened the psu and put a scythe (orange) fan in there. now my system is very quiet. i can't believe the difference. so i voided my three-year warranty with ocz. worth it. :)