1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

R.i.p.

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Cold Storm, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I've worked at a hospital for almost 7 years now. June 21st will be my 7 year. After my grandfather passed away from lung cancer I told my self I would never sit foot into a hospital or anything else. But, thats not all ways the case. I got a job in the Kitchen of the same hospital that my grandfather died in. Being a catering assistant, you see a lot of things. I never saw any person under the age of 18 because of how the hospital is set up. I've seen it all, but it doesn't help the fact of being around death every day. I am now the Production Manager in the kitchen. Right below the Director, and only at 24 years of age.
    A few months after my graduation, my close friend, my best friend at the time, was put into the hospital for the last time. He had Lupus. The only cure was to have a kidney transplant, but you have to have an amune system first. In which he couldn't hold right. I spent almost a year with him after work. I would go to work at 5am, then leave for an hour then back at 4 for the next 6 or so hours. It was a day in and day out type of thing. It was the hardest time in my life so to say. Knowing that my friend is in there to die. Then the last time I saw him was in ICU. He went from being a 28 year old man, to a little kid that couldn't do anything but lay there. Its the hardest thing besides my grandfather dieing.
    You may be asking now why I have told you this. Why to give to everyone the problems that I have faced in my life. My little bro, the guy that I know on here as Panchoman, has lost the friend in his life like that. He was my best friend, my second brother. Yeah, she wasn't that to him, but she had that special part in his life.
    There isn't an easy way to say your sorry for the loss, or things will get better. I learned to believe that tonight I die, and tomorrow I am reborn. If I do die before the time I am reborn, then there isn't anything to regret, or to be sorry for.
    Bro, I know your going to read this, and know I'm here. If I had my cell, you would have the number. Just know there are others that care for ya, and will be there for ya.

trt740, Ripper3, Triprift and 4 others say thanks.
  2. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, so sorry for your loss(es) Pancho (and Cold). Not much more to say when you go through something like that. My prayers are with you.

Cold Storm and panchoman say thanks.
  3. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    *through watery eyes* thats so sweet of you man.. it means so much to me... i have no clue what to saw back to you mean.. other then thanks so much for being there bro

4. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Nicely put....

"I learned to believe that tonight I die, and tomorrow I am reborn. If I do die before the time I am reborn, then there isn't anything to regret, or to be sorry for. "

Thanks for posting that.

You wouldn't beleive how many people go through stuff like that, trust me.

panchoman says thanks.
  5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    There isn't a good way to pat a friend on the back because of a lost of a loved one. My grandfathers death did a number to me. But you learn from the hardships that God puts for ya. I have learned to be one like a Samurai. Yes, it may sound stupid. But to read their code, and know how their life was from, you can understand where I come from.
    and brother, no need to give me words, its just my way to say I know your pain

panchoman says thanks.
  6. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey guys i sorry for your losses, really. and you where a great friend, im sure you being there for him every day made hospital life easier...for him...cos its hard...

panchoman says thanks.
  7. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    My pain is done and gone. Its been forever and a day since my grandfather and close friend died. But for Pancho its another story.
    Death does things to us. It may not happen right now, but down the road it does happen. But, with the spirit of friends, and love from the ones you know that have your back, it won't be as painful.
    Bro, my prayers are with you and her family.

panchoman says thanks.
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To Pancho and Coldstorm, I know you guys are some of the best human-beings I've never met face to face. When I'm over my health issues, that will change. God bless both you guys. Anything you guys ever need from me.. Anything (within the law) you let me know. I never knew that people who you never met could be such wonderful friends.:toast:

Don't ask about animated sigs... It aint going to happen!:roll:

panchoman says thanks.
  9. aximbigfan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Animated AVs? Oh....wait... Withinthe law... damn.

@ PM and cold, sorry for your loses. My condolences.:)

Chris

panchoman says thanks.
  10. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Pancho, I'm so sorry for your loss man. I know it hurts like hell. Cold, I lost my best friend to suicide at age 22. Just know that all of your friends at tpu are here for you for anything you might need.

panchoman says thanks.
  11. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear, for everyone here. Death of young people should never happen, it sucks sometimes.

12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear it Pancho. There's not much that can be said in this situation except, we're here for you bro.

panchoman says thanks.
  13. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    I heard about this news earlier from Panch my heart goes out to ya mate like wile e said were all here for ya man and ya can chat to me netime im online ....Trip

panchoman says thanks.
  14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Its a hard thing to bare. For some reason each year, a senior at my high school would commit suicide. Worst part of it all was that 3 of the 4 years I was in that school I knew the person really well. Its a hard thing to cope with. The younger you are the worse you go because of it. But with a helping hand, and people behind you, its going to work its self out.

panchoman says thanks.
  15. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    thanks guys, each and everyone of you. i really dont know what to say, except thank you so much for your kindness and support.

16. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear this man... I know how hard it is to lose someone, I've had 3 people in my family pass away... if you ever need anything, man, you know where I am.

panchoman says thanks.
  17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Death is a part of life that is the hardest to get through. Yes, you have weddings, or graduations and so forth, but that doesn't give the fact that there will be someone that you will never see again. Don't know what else to say.

18. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm so sorry guy, my prayers are with you.

I nearly lost my better half in 2003 to pancreatitis, what caused it was never known. Spent a whole 2 months living in the hospital with him, 3 weeks of which he was wavering between life and death since his organs were failing, while I had to leave my 3 month daughter with my parents.

Thankfully he made it through, though like 4 more attacks followed during that year. His liver is still very badly damaged.

I can imagine your heartache, because I seen the possibility even though I didn't experience it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  19. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Those times are the hardest to go through. Never know what to do for your friend, or loved one. Just sitting there, trying to make them know you are there, and make sure they don't think of whats going on. Tough stuff.

panchoman says thanks.
  20. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    panch and cold

Sorry for the loss my hope for you is that you find peace in the memories of your friends

panchoman says thanks.
  21. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To each and every one of you here who has lost a friend or loved one, my heartfelt condolenses. As you grow older you will see more of it, for each of us is destined to outlive some of those in our lives.

This, however, is no reason to dispare. It saddens us and causes much pain, but inevitably will build your character such that you will become a more compassionate person. A person who does not shrug off the news of a death anymore, but one who actually considers those who it has affected, and whose heart is saddened with them. It is that compassion that will allow you to relate to their pain, and be there for them in their time of need.

For all you young people out there who think life sucks ...

The gift of life is precious. There is nothing in this world that you cannot overcome if you set your mind to it. Taking your own life because you think that things are so bad is the cowardly way out. It is better to walk (or run) away than to give up the precious gift of life that you were given. There is always hope, and there is always someone who will help if you just take the time to look.

Panch & Cold ... God bless you both.

Black Panther ... My prayers are with you for the continued health of your hubby.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
    panchoman says thanks.
  22. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    One more thing I would like to add.

Never let anyone tell you how to grieve.

For each of us we must come to terms with the loss of a friend or loved one, and there is no set time or best way of doing this.

You do not get closure, you adapt. There is never closure. You adapt to a world without that person. You never forget, but each day brings a little less pain. Over time you will remember the things that made you smile and laugh and those things that break your heart will become lessened in your memory.

Do not try to force the good memories, they will come.
    Do not try to bury the painful ones, they will go.

Be honest with yourself and let tears fall when they need to and let laughter come in it's place.

You guys know what my wife and I have been through. Just trying to help.
    I'm here for you guys if ever you need it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
    panchoman says thanks.
  23. driver66

driver66

Thanks Received:
    WOW +453513513,5445145,45,145,145,145,45, very well said and 100% true /tears:cry:

panchoman says thanks.
  24. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    so true man... so freaking true.... krejj... i dont know what to call you? a humanist? you are one of the most humane people i've seen out there. you aren't one of the selfish secular money and power hungry jerks that everyone in the world is becoming. you actually care so much about others and i absolutely love your philosophies man. and you're absolutely correct man... i tried so many things to try to ease the pain of it all.. but you're right, i cant bury the pain, i have to live with it, and embrace it with open arms. eventually the pain will go away, and leave with good memories, that hopefully one day will make me laugh and put a smile on my face. i remember these quotes from this foreign song:

25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    For one to bury the pain that they have in their heart, is to want themselves to die to. But it isn't the way. Music and workouts have all ways made me get a focus on what is good. There are times, where I just can't go on because the thought of those who I have lost in my life time get to me. Even the ones that are still living. But, you can never give up because they would never want that to happen.
    Like I have said over and over to everyone, and a lot in this thread. These 8 virtues make me who I am today. And I will continue to be that person.
    We're a brothern here. Thats one of the key reasons I stay here. We have debates, and sometimes get carried away, but we'll still be here for one another. And my little bro, I'll be there for you and anyone on TPU.