1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

R9 290 CAN FIT THERMALTAKE 3.0 EXTERME???

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by javtsen, Aug 15, 2014.

1. javtsen New Member

Thanks Received:
    HELP ME GUYS.

2. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    You've quoted a generic video card designation, and an AIO water cooler. What exactly is your question?

If the question is "Will some adapter allow me to use this AIO water cooler on this graphics card?" we might be able to help. Name a specific GPU (this is of concern because the PCB differs with non-reference designs), and we might be able to help.

Off the top of my head, NZXT sells a product called the Kraken. It lets people connect an AIO water cooler to a GPU. Without some actual information that's all I can really give you, as far as a coherent answer.

javtsen says thanks.
  3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    the cooler is for processor, are you sure you want to put it on 290?
    you need custom mounting for that

javtsen says thanks.
  4. javtsen New Member

Thanks Received:

i juz scare will damaged.WIL?????

5. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Again, we need more information.

Installing a new cooler onto a GPU is tricky. Depending upon the manufacturer, you might void the warranty. Also, you may not see huge improvements if the cooler you install doesn't provide adequate flow to the VRM on the GPU. These things are heavily dependent on the GPU model, so you'd have to give it to us for any accurate answer.

In generic terms, the GPU water coolers aren't any riskier than any other PC modification. Follow the provided instructions, work in a clean environment, and follow basic electronics handling procedure and there shouldn't be too much risk.

javtsen says thanks.
  6. javtsen New Member

Thanks Received:
    my cpu normal??

Attached Files:

7. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    ....What in Hades are we talking about?

First you ask if an AIO cooler designed for a CPU can fit onto an non-specific GPU. You follow it up with a question on whether this process can cause damage. Without pause you ask if a random picture of some CPU statistics is "normal."

I'm operating under the auspices that English is not your first language. I'm in the dark about this particular assumption, because you joined earlier this week, and have failed to fill out system specifications or any information. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, we still have to have some back and forth here. I've asked for some basic information, so that some real assistance could be offered. Either it hasn't been understood, or has been ignored. You are going to have to give us some information, if you want any solid recommendations. Assuming that this continues as a nearly one-sided discussion, I'm out.

No, yes, who the heck knows. You're asking about a CPU without identifying it, and only showing results from windows reporting. That CPU could be a 4 core AMD, 4 core Intel, or a 2 core Intel with hyper threading. We do not have enough knowledge to offer you a reasonable response.

I suggest you fill out your system specifications or provide some data. If you don't my only conclusion is that your posts aren't moving toward any respectable goal, and I'll be forced to report this thread.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Shambles1980 and Arjai say thanks.
  8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    for the temp looks pretty good