1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RACEDEPARTMENT votes "Game Stock Car" racing GOTY

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kwod, Dec 31, 2011.

1. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Sorry if i gave that impression!, didn´t mean to!:p

2. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Really, it feels more like Shift2 to me.

3. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    So you didn't play the alpha. Seriously anyone saying pCARS is like SHIFT 2 has clearly not played the game, there is not much from SHIFT 2 on pCARS except music style and UI.

For 10 euros you can play the alpha people, and even earn money when the games goes on sale.

DRDNA says thanks.
  4. option350z

option350z New Member

Thanks Received:
    You are awesome sir. That is all. :toast:

5. option350z

option350z New Member

Thanks Received:
    Early on when the build was way earlier in the pre-Alpha stages the cars tended to slide a lot like shift 2 but now that's fixed and there is no comparison of the two. Can't wait for the next pre-Alpha release this Friday!

6. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Of course I've played it, and it's more shift2 than it is GTR EVO/FVA/GSC, Iracing, rf2...

7. Gabkicks

Thanks Received:
    the car's don't feel laggy and unresponsive like in shift 2 anymore. FFB has improved as well. It still has some ways to go. Being able to see the suspension working is quite impressive: the detail level on the cars is top tier.

8. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm mainly interested in the sim qualities.
    Trying to use pcars braking technique in Game Stock Car will result in an epic fail....GSC and all the genuine sims demand a definite braking technique that takes weeks-months to hone{if you've never driven sims before}

pcars promoters talk about an advanced physics engine, but I only see an advanced GFX engine atm.

9. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    The Internal messages from AJ, the Physics dev., has been made available to all members in the "Physics & Ai" section 4 or 5 days ago if you want to go and read them.

10. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup, and it sounds like EA may not have been the problem, it almost sounds like they never properly calibrated the Shift/SMS eng, and they're only now attempting to do so.
    I just dled b189, so I'll give that a go and see if there's been any progress on the physics.

11. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i wand GRID 2. its been too long since the last!

12. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:

I didn't understand how Shift 2 was released they way it was, but the QA is run by EA, as many other big publishers, how cannot EA be the problem. Imagine if they asked ISI to make a brand new game in 1 year, and they tell you wants wrong with it and what you have to fix. Instead of the dev fixing what he thinks it has to be fixed.
    Part of the problem with Shift 2 is that people have to remember that it's an EA game that is being released every 1 or 2 years, that's the way they ruined the NFS franchise, and no dev no matter how good it is can keep up with that.
    TD Ferrari Legends is going to be released soon, it's also from SMS, and guess what, it's not a sim, it's quite arcade instead, guess who is to blame, according to SMS, Atari wanted the game to be "accessible". Now put yourself in SMS position, what you do, do the game like Atari want, and earn money, or do nothing and shut down the studio.

My point is that there is no publisher in pCARS that tells SMS to do the game "accessible" it has been said several times that the game will be a sim, there are the members who tells SMS physics needs to improve, the handling needs work, that track is wrong, and since October 2011 i have seen progress in all those areas. Rfactor 2 was not made on 1 week, it's still in BETA, the same with AC or GTR3.

13. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    There's a difference between being and becoming though, yet many of the youtube pcars vids claim it's a sim....but it's still in the simcade and unfinished basket for me based on b189.
    I don't mind giving them time as b189 is an improvement over the last one.

14. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/en/index.html

Try before you buy, 60min demo.

Game Stock Car 2012 is out now.

I should be up and running within a few hrs, using utorrent.

GSC2012 is the complete game btw, so if you don't have 2011, just buy 2012 and you get everything with all the updates.....a few things have been changed from 2011, but I hope it's all for the better.

I'm hoping the new SS Camaro will outdo Simbin's RACEON US Muscle car camaro.

The 2011 version of this $30 sim won Brazilian and RACEDEPARTMENT GOTY.....I also voted for GSC as GOTY.

16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I want a new street rod.
    there was supposed to be a street rod 3 but some drama went down :(

17. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wish they made another 5-10 American yank tanks, all chev's if they must.
    I'm reading some very encouraging things about the V8SC, primarily more torque.....they were never my fav car but they sound very promising now, but it's the SS Camaro I'm waiting on, and if all goes well, I'll have it in approx 30min:rockout::toast:

18. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes indeed, the new SS Camaro must be one of the best sim cars ever.
    I use medium FFB ingame, and it's still impressive, but so is the sound and the fact that you can do good burn outs in this tank.
    The exterior car modelling is also impressive and looks gorgeous watching replays from TV mode.

I used utorrent to dl, then followed default install and was up and running in no time.

19. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    re-camaro.....great 3D modelling of this car and it looks great in replay, ie, when you're ingame, you can have the game record the last 3mins{ongoing}, and watch a good or bad lap you just did, but you don't have to exit out of your game, so if you do a hotlap, you can immediately watch it, and then go straight back on track if you want.

The camaro has great V8 sounds as well, and another thing it does that I like is that the front end visibly dips under braking, so you can see that happening in cockpit mode and also on replay.

You can also actually drive the safety car camaro, otherwise you've got 5-6 colour choices.
    There's also a mini on the way at some point, but I hope they release more tintops, presumably Camaro/Corvette's as GM/chev seem to be the major sponsor.

20. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Interlagos is in Game Stock Car, but I went back to Simbin and tried their 2009 SS Camaro and the US Muscle Car Camaro at my mod track of Interlagos, and did a comparison of sorts.

Funnily enough, I did a 1min58 with the SS Camaro in both games, lol, but Simbin Camaro can't compete with the more detailed physics and noticeable FFB boost of GSC Camaro, and sound isn't as good, truth be told, GSC Camaro is better by every single criteria.

That said, damn that US Muscle Camaro is still a beauty, but it's like 10 or so seconds a lap faster....I'd pay $10 for a GSC version of that model.

21. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 2 best sims at the moment are GSC 2012 and rf2.
    GSC feels a bit tighter and more clinical compared to the hyper involving rf2, but no sim works better out the box with my G27 than GSC 2012.....rf2 needs some fine tuning of the ini files to bring down the excessive FFB effects, and once done, is a real champ.

22. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
  23. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mini shouldn't be too long now, 210BHP, so it should be a ton of fun in such a small package.
    That said, Reiza do take their time, but when Inside Sim Racing describe it as "The Art of Simulation", you know the wait is worth it.

Not exactly sure of the roadmap, but I think "Racing Trucks" are next, and maybe Senna after that, not sure, but I'm sure I'll be buying all their games.

24. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tough wait on the MINI, but my understanding is that Reiza test the car at every single track to ensure the physics and FFB are always precise, so I hope it's worth the wait.
    I was driving Simbins modern Mini, and that has bad interior GFX, but is still fun to drive and would make a great starter car for anyone new to sim racing, and it'll probably be the same with GSC Mini.

Some of you might be thinking, "who cares about a shitty little Mini"....well, with the quality of physics and FFB, and the slower pace of this car, it could end up not only being a surprising amount of fun, but might also end up being the most popular online racer.

25. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received: