1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon 3450 no signal

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by kill_us_now, Feb 17, 2013.

1. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just bough an used 3450 card, but cant get it to work...tried crt monitor,lcd, rgb connection, dvi.... no signal.Tried 500 psu fan of card works, still no signal.
    Any ideas? maybe reinstall a clean xp ? update bios?
    Here my specs
    motherboard P5P800S P4 3GZ 2GB RAM OS: XP SP3 RADEON 9550

2. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    AGP? Compatibility may be hit or miss because it uses an AGP to PCIe bridge, but I would try putting the Radeon 9550 back in and setting your AGP speed to 4x and disable fast writes and sideband addressing to see if any of those options make it work. Also, make sure the external power connector is plugged in, as I'm pretty sure those cards needed either a floppy or molex connector for extra power.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes its agp card, and yes i always try to be sure that it gets power from its 4 pin conector, about those changes u suggest im not 100% sure that bios gives that options, i will check for it

4. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bah just checked the bios there is not such options on it :( could only see agp frequency change, and not much more related to agp, and already got the lastest bios upgrade for the motherboard, any chance to use a bios of a diferent MB to work on this? any other ideas ?

5. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

No [this will most likely brick the mobo]

-AGP slot 4x and 8x [looks good to go and is supported by the mobo]
    @
    -AGP 2.0 4× quad 1066 66 1.5v

-AGP 3.0 8× octuple 2133 66 0.8v

-look under advanced settings tab in bios for other agp settings

-try with a different stick of ram [often issues with blank screen]

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  6. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    There isnt any agp options besides agp bus frequency, shall i try install a modded bios?

What do u mean issues with blank screen? i only got 2 ram sticks of 1 gb so i cant play much in that way.

7. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    I repeat: No [this will most likely brick the mobo = motherboard]

-look under advanced chipset settings tab in motherboard bios for other agp settings look here

Motherboard is this ? here - http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P5P800S/ if No let us know which one you have.

Some RAM memory timings do not work well with vga cards and can cause monitor not to display [try booting with one stick of RAM installed in DIMM1]

-try booting to bios screen with minimum hardware attached only [PSU, motherboard, CPU & Cooler,one stick of RAM and vga card] *attach monitor to vga card

nb: if you get a chance next time you are logged in go to UserCP and fill in system specs make and model of hardware

Download manual here - http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P5P800S/#support_Download_22

atb

Law-II

8. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay okay, i got it clear to not touch bios :p

I got all those 3 options, dram refresh rate, adapter priority and graphics aperture size i will random change them and check out if something happens.
    Yes mobo is exactly that one of the link.

I will try that things, will try with one ram slot and changing that ram timings and see if smthing happens.

Thx for help!

9. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here the results: started to change dram refresh rate, tried with the 4 options, no results. Changed ram frequency, no results. Switched ram sticks on diferent slots no results.

Then after doing im not sure what, none of the cards would work, not even the 9550, i really tough i killed the mobo somehow.Started to plug-unplug things, reseted cmos, and the 9550 wont work! after 6-7 failing reboots(with plugs-unplugs things), the 9550 started to work again, god knows why.So i was thinking....maybe now the 3450 works! but no luck :D this is a real mistery
    Thinking that maybe the psu doesnt provide enough power to the agp slot? when i tried diferent psus i didnt try conect the whole mobo to the new psu, i only conected the 4 pin v card to the 500 psu and the rest of the mobo with its psu....so maybe this have smting to do with the issue?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  10. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

This could be it, may be not enough amps [rather than volts]

nb: had a HD 3850 agp that had a similar issue when a PSU I was using did not supply enough amp

Q, are you able to test the card in another PC? may be worth a shot if able to

atb

Law-II

11. kill_us_now New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tried 500 psu plugged to mobo and everything else, nothing. I give up on this out of ideas, will try on a friend`s old mobo and if no result i will just try to selll the graphics card.

12. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    3450 on a 500w psu no problem .tyr booting to dos if you get no joy ... and it won't work in another mb the card is most likely DEAD