1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon 7000 TV Out

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by drewlane, Apr 30, 2005.

1. drewlane New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just purchased a PowerColor Radeon 7000 32MB for my HTPC.
    I got this because it's low power consumption and I have a very small power supply.

The problem I'm having is that the default TV-Out is set to PAL and I need NTSC.

I was able to change this in the ATI driver settings and now it's working but only after the driver loads.
    When the computer boots, the TV screen just keeps rolling until the driver loads - very annoying!

I noticed that there is a Radeon 7000 BIOS listed in the bios collection, but I have no clue if this is going to work or even what tools I need to install this.

When I played around with a one of the BIOS flashers from this site, it looked like they require DOS and I'm running Windows 2000?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Even if I flash, will it be NTSC?

Regards,

Drew

p.s. There is no NTSC/PAL jumper on this card that I can see.
  2. drewlane New Member

Thanks Received:
    FYI, I just force flashed my card with the Radeon 7000 bios file from the bios collection.

It's not compatible.

I did make a backup file of my BIOS, thank god.

Now that I've got a copy of my BIOS, is it possible to hack it so that it will default to NTSC output?

Drew
  3. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes, use RaBiT
  4. drewlane New Member

Thanks Received:
    [QUOT1E=ReconCX]yes, use RaBiT[/QUOTE]
    Sweet!!!

It worked. :D

Thanks!

Drew