1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon BIOS Editor Help

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Pixelated, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Pixelated

Pixelated New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    I flashed my 4870 BIOS with modified fan speeds with sucess. Well now I've got the itch to keep playing around until it's perfect :).

My question is if I wanted to change the 2D and 3D clocks what Rows do I change? From what I gathered "Clock Info 01 is low power 2D" and "Clock Info 03 high power 3D". If that's correct what do the other rows excluding the ones I mentioned do Clock Info 00 through 09? If someone knows what each row does it would be great if they could explain it. Thanks.

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have no clue, but I just wanted to stop by your thread and welcome you to TPU :toast:

3. Pixelated

Pixelated New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great thanks for the warm welcome. Some forums act snobby to newcomers :)cough:Xtremesystems) as if they can't be bothered. Obviously this is not one of them. Not saying everyone there is like that but in my experience I didn't feel welcome.

Also I see you're not far from me. I'm in Chicago. Where in Wisconsin do you live? I used to go up to Shotgun Eddy's in White Lake. It's beautiful up there. The only place that comes close to is up in Northern California Humboldt County.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  4. philbrown23

philbrown23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    goodl uck I have not had success with RBE and my 3870X2's but all my 3870's I had ran great with edited bios, if you click the "help" button on RBE it explains in more detail about clock setting etc....WELCOME TO TPU!!!

5. Pixelated

Pixelated New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I didn't even see that at the bottom of the program. Here's a screen shot for those who may come across the same thing. Also I don't think RBE is the problem with your 3870x2. It's most likely whatever program you're trying to flash it with, if your problem is the flash doesn't seem to stick.

If you click on the bottom right corner there's a small blue help link.
    [​IMG]

6. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We are about an hour north of Madison. Just use one of the online mapping programs and look for Montello, WI. We are not far from there.

TPU is a generally friendly place unless you get caught up in one of the fanboi threads :D