1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon x1600 screen jitter

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sixblades2000, May 12, 2006.

1. sixblades2000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I recently purchased an x1600 and I am having problems with screen jitter. Basicly, as the card warms up the lower left corner of my 17" CRT monitor jitters noticeably. Depending on the refresh rate and resolution the whole screen can jitter.

I have called ATI and they checked that I had updated all of the necessary drivers...video, motherboard, bios, etc...and they concluded that I should try using it in another PC or return it. So, I installed it in another PC and did not have any screen jitter. I have reinstalled the card back in the first PC with Omega 6.3 drivers and plugged the power to a different set of power connectors and this has helped my jitter issue a bit. After some tinkering with different resolutions the screen jitter isn't noticeable and the screen doesnt give me a headache.

I am suspecting something is amiss with my PSU. In the BIOS I have found the voltage on each rail but Im not sure how to find the amperage. Can anyone tell me where i might find this? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

AMD 64 3200 CPU
    MSI K8T Neo2 series mainboard
    2 GB RAM
    thermaltake 425 Watt PSU