1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon X1950Pro + Windows MCE

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by dysart22, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dysart22 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to know if the ATI Radeon X1950Pro is compatable with Windows Media Center 2005?

I am building a media center PC.
    I have a Asus P4P800-E motherboard with AGP slot. I also have a AVer media MCE 500 dual tuner card and was planing on getting a AVerTVHD MCE A180 for HD output to my new 42" Phillips HDTV LCD.

Another card I was looking at is ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB GDDR3 AGP 8X Video Card. It looks like this card has the graphjc card and tuners together?

I was also looking at the ATI TV WONDER 650 PCI tuner with analog and HD
    instead of using the 2 cards AVer media setup, with the X1950 card if it is MCE compatable?

Too many choices and not enough info :confused:
    Ant other good choices?

I am planning on using a Over-The-Air Antenna for HDTV signal.

Thanks for your help
    dysart22
  2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    To answer your first question: Yes, they're compatible.

However, why install two cards when one can do everything ;). I recommend you look into the ATI All In Wonder series. You'll get sweet graphics, a TV tuner, reliability, functionality, and regular driver updates.

Edit: I'm sorry, I forgot that AMD discontinued the All In Wonder series some time ago. Considering that, I suggest you get X19x0 card for gaming, and a TV tuner card for, you know, watching TV :laugh:. You should have no problems getting the two to work together.