1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon X800 Voltmods

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Urlyin, Sep 30, 2004.

1. rpg711

rpg711 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have absolutly no idea wat im doing with the pencil mod... i have a High Tech HX80GTOQT256GVN Radeon X800GTO IceQ II Turbo 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card red pcb so its the x850xt pcb and pics are below...
    think i need beter cooling? :laugh: lol

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. dudezer88 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried this mod and it didn't really provide any benifits so I cleared the graphite from the transistor to restore my gpu voltage, but now my temps and about 10C above what they used to be. Why is this? Is there any way to fix this?

3. 1BadMoJoe

1BadMoJoe New Member

Thanks Received:
    X800 missing part question, located on PCB B28 ?

[​IMG] < A piece fell off my x800xt ( B28 ) left edge of top from VDD blue pencil <

When video card is powered; the fan spins up but it gives me a black screen with an error that power plug was not connected, which in fact it is properly plugged in and powered by molex connector. The missing part on the PCB location B28 is the source of my problem.

I don't know what this (B28) was as there are no markings on the one in the picture. I guess the missing part has something to do with the memory side of the card.

I've lurked around several forums over the past several months and nothing, only guess was maybe its like PCB part B21, from this picture there are similar.

My x800 xt was the second video card I ever purchased and has sentimental value to me.
    I can solder a replacement missing part, if I knew what it is to be replaced with.
    SO...where can I find informational source on what the PCB markings on the card represent?

-----------

I know I can save this card for at least one last run around the block and use it as practice for experimental hard moding skills following the excellent information in this thread.